Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official MotM v Birmingham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What the hell happened there, the sponsors didn't give it to the bloke who scored. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Should have gone to the linesman who missed one of our players (can't remember who) shoulder barge a Birmingham player off the pitch in the first half right in front of him and let play continue.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Encouraging to give it to a player who played well rather than the scorer! Should have been Crofts in my opinion, but KLL was certainly very close so a decent call.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Crofts was the man it shoukd have gone to. Been sensational all year. Going to be a massive miss

Couldnt agree more, he was superb yesterday, definate MOM

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would have given it to Crofts, just ahead of KLL. However, I could have understood it going to the goal scorer. Thought Lopez had a good game yesterday and in close games, his brilliant goal won us the game.

As I said in the player ratings, I thought they all played well yesterday except for Ulloa, who didn't look fit/bothered.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Before MOM was announced, I turned round to my mate and said MOM has to be Crofts today, and he agreed 2 votes for Crofts. Will be missed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
HTML:
I thought it should have gone to Andrews as I thought that he was very good. With Crofts he doesnt appear to be doing a lot and catch the eye but we missed him when he went off. My brother and I remarked on how mant times Lua Lua went around the same player , kept the ball but didnt lose the defender this looks good but achieves little.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Should have gone to the linesman who missed one of our players (can't remember who) shoulder barge a Birmingham player off the pitch in the first half right in front of him and let play continue.

Was this the same linesman who didn't spot the ball going out of play before Burm gave away a corner?? The same linesmen who missed two blatant offsides from our players? The same linesmen who gave us a throw-in which we shouldn't of had??

Best linesmen all year, but we were due one.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Second week running the scorer hasn't won it as March got it against Reading.

Correct. There was a thread on here re the award. The match sponsor who chose posts on here (can't remember posters name now)

For yesterday's game Kaz should have got it IMO

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
HTML:
I thought it should have gone to Andrews as I thought that he was very good. With Crofts he doesnt appear to be doing a lot and catch the eye but we missed him when he went off. My brother and I remarked on how mant times Lua Lua went around the same player , kept the ball but didnt lose the defender this looks good but achieves little.

Have to agree with you. I thought Andrews was quality. Was generally surprised at his speed. Always thought he was a slow player. Kaz and Crofts were very good too but I would have gone with Andrews.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here