Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Andrews

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
After conceding a foul yesterday- did I imagine it or did Keith pat the ref on the arse?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
After conceding a foul and getting booked he patted the ref on the arse. Unnecessary and could have ended up in a second booking from some referees. But had a great game yesterday. A ready made Bridcutt replacement!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Good stand in for Bridcutt against the better sides in the division. I don't think he's necessary all of the time as he doesn't offer much going forward. Crofts, Ince and Agustein can all do their bit defensively and still offer a great amount going forward.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
A pat on the arse is generally a sign of accepting what the ref said and moving on.

Didn't look like it yesterday. Looked very sarcastic (if you can have a sarcastic pat on the arse).

BHseagull- he's a perfect stand in for Bridcutt. Liam doesn't offer too much going forward either. Andrews sprayed some great balls around yesterday - so I'd say he is offensive from midfield without being a goal threat.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did see that, bit odd. Just assumed it was dissent, and him saying sorry

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I think he got booked for what he said to the ref after being pulled up for a foul. He had a point and yes, he did pat the ref's arse afterwards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good stand in for Bridcutt against the better sides in the division. I don't think he's necessary all of the time as he doesn't offer much going forward. Crofts, Ince and Agustein can all do their bit defensively and still offer a great amount going forward.

1. Andrews offered more going forward against Reading, than I've ever seen Ince offer.

2. Crofts isn't going to be in the picture for a good while.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Andrews is a very clever and very experienced midfielder, if you watch him he's constantly in the referees ear and uses his experience to influence the officials as best as he can.

More importantly he puts himself about, always wants the ball, works hard and looks composed.

I would personally say an all round better player than Bridcutt.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Andrews is a very clever and very experienced midfielder, if you watch him he's constantly in the referees ear and uses his experience to influence the officials as best as he can.

More importantly he puts himself about, always wants the ball, works hard and looks composed.

I would personally say an all round better player than Bridcutt.

Absolutely. The issue now though is how we replace Crofts, not Bridcutt. I've been saying for some time that Andrews will fill the Bridcutt gap. Crofts is not so clear.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought Andrews was excellent yesterday. Maybe his best game for us and with Crofts out now, a player who is going to figure more in the second half of the season so let's hope he carries on in that vein.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
His best game by some distance - great to see - especially with Crofts injury and Bridcutt uncertainty

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did see that, bit odd. Just assumed it was dissent, and him saying sorry

Agreed.

After conceding a foul and getting booked he patted the ref on the arse. Unnecessary and could have ended up in a second booking from some referees. But had a great game yesterday. A ready made Bridcutt replacement!

Can't remember any ref that I have seen booking a player fot that. Absolutely no malice in it whatsoever.

A pat on the arse is generally a sign of accepting what the ref said and moving on.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here