Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

21k at Hillsborough

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Low crowd for a big derby game between two big clubs, irrespective of Wednesday's form. Were Leeds fans banned?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Low crowd for a big derby game between two big clubs, irrespective of Wednesday's form. Were Leeds fans banned?

It was the Wednesday stands that were empty. Leeds turned up with their usual hordes. I suspect their end empties pretty sharpish after goals 5 and 6 flew in.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

My brother in law is a Wednesday fan.

He reckons it was a combination of Leeds only getting half the usual away allocation, it being on the TV and Wednesdays poor league postition.

I do Aaron Cawley managed to sneak in (t**t that punched the keeper and now takes to twitter to show how hard he is) given how bad leeds were.

D

Deleted member 18477

Was on tele and Wednesday had been playing shite up until that game... Pretty obvious why there was a lower crowd than say a 3pm KO for the same fixture.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My brother in law is a Wednesday fan.

He reckons it was a combination of Leeds only getting half the usual away allocation, it being on the TV and Wednesdays poor league postition.

I do Aaron Cawley managed to sneak in (t**t that punched the keeper and now takes to twitter to show how hard he is) given how bad leeds were.

He was charged with assaulting two women earlier this year. Managed to walk free from court ( god only knows why)

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.u...lks/story-20337124-detail/story.html#comments

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Incredible for the 2 biggest teams in the world but I suppose with Leeds having a monopoly on televised games they no longer need to travel away.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yep, Leeds got a reduced allocation due to last years trouble, and for Wednesday 18k home fans is pretty average.

They (apart from yesterday) are a very poor side, not surprised fewer people are heading along. They often do very cheap tickets (£5-10) which is when they pull in the higher crowds.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
So Wednesday only filled 18~K of their 35~K avalible seats? THAT'S POOR! Especially for a Leeds at home, whith the side going into the match on better form.

Dessie

Jun 17, 2010
Sheffield
Yep, Leeds got a reduced allocation due to last years trouble, and for Wednesday 18k home fans is pretty average.

They (apart from yesterday) are a very poor side, not surprised fewer people are heading along. They often do very cheap tickets (£5-10) which is when they pull in the higher crowds.

Often? We've done it once this season to the best of my knowledge when it was £10 in the home stands v Wigan in the midweek before Christmas when crowds are always low anyway. There's been a Kid a For A Quid deal too v Bournemouth and we generally cut prices for early rounds of the cup (I wouldn't know about the later rounds as we never get very far). I'll admit our crowds are poor by our standards this season but we've been crap most of the season and that affects how many pay on the day. Still, most of this league would love our crowds.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
18k for a side struggling at the bottom of second division football is not bad at all. Yeah it's a Derby-ish, but blimey, I'd like to see how we'd do if we were struggling against possible relegation.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
18k for a side struggling at the bottom of second division football is not bad at all. Yeah it's a Derby-ish, but blimey, I'd like to see how we'd do if we were struggling against possible relegation.

Playing palarse we'd sell out, playing some northern team what 22k? Currently about 25k as doing well....... really don't think we'd drop off unless got relegated and even then nothing like the old days

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Playing palarse we'd sell out, playing some northern team what 22k? Currently about 25k as doing well....... really don't think we'd drop off unless got relegated and even then nothing like the old days

But palarse is the proper derby. Leeds/Wednesday isn't.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here