Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sniffer Dog

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Surprised no-one has mentioned the presence of drug squad officers and sniffer dog at the west stand reception checking 1901 members and boardroom guests before today's game.

Presume this is a follow on to the handbag checks someone was complaining about.
Seems a bit OTT for a few lines in the ladies' loo ???

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
More presence in west stand reception checking the toffs in the posh seats than there were outside policing the whole of the rest of the 27k crowd :lolol:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Probably if they are on the Columbian marching powder they don't eat much, thus not helping FFP.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Didn't see any dogs at the West Stand reception, certainly didn't get my nads sniffed, didn't see any police around there at all. Are you sure they were checking the 1901? Maybe that's why it hasn't been mentioned yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Didn't see any dogs at the West Stand reception, certainly didn't get my nads sniffed, didn't see any police around there at all. Are you sure they were checking the 1901? Maybe that's why it hasn't been mentioned yet.

4 police plus dog at the north door (boardroom/overline lounge) from reception :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Saw the dog van outside and wondered why. Bit OTT isn't it ? Or easy pickings? No doubt make it to license review soon

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thought this was a thread about a new striker like former Leeds and England man
Sniffer Clarke.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Tsk. They were caviar dogs checking to make sure no one was smuggling their own beluga in.

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw response stewards in the Juice and BUPA lounges.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
they were discrete in SW 1901 if they were even there at all but did hear a rummour they are at the Amex at the moment based on intelligence received rather than because they just feel like a day out at the football. There is no doubt only a part of their presence in certain areas is down to random chance/procedures, clearly some people are being indiscrete and just waiting to get the heavy hand tap on shoulder. Frankly anyone stupid enough to 'allegedly' take it into the ground (even more so if on a corporate jolly with a boss or important clients) can't complain if get caught and serious consequences follow. Now I know at times the actual play on the pitch can be slow and enough to send anyone to sleep but surely it has never been that bad need a pick me up tonic stronger than a pint at 3.15pm on a Saturday!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They parked their van opposite the shop so that wasn't discreet. Strange that they should advertise their presence.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Curiously there were none at the fatboy slim gig :lol:

Fair point. Strikes me as a bit over the top. Illegal yes, but causing no harm to anyone. In the grand scheme of things a waste of money.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fair point. Strikes me as a bit over the top. Illegal yes, but causing no harm to anyone. In the grand scheme of things a waste of money.

What if there is some dealing going on?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Curiously there were none at the fatboy slim gig :lol:

Totally this. There was probably 50 times more amount of gear flying around at fatboy slim then on your average match day game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here