Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cms to fill in for crofts?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I would like to try a 4-2-3-1 formation! With CMS or another player playing a second striker role. 2 defensive midfielders will allow us to play two wingers too.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I'd play him as one of the wide men in that formation. He needs space to run into and I dont think he's creative enough to play that role behind Leo. It'll b interesting to see what postion OG plays him when fully fit!

I would like to try a 4-2-3-1 formation! With CMS or another player playing a second striker role. 2 defensive midfielders will allow us to play two wingers too.

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
I agree if any ne can't get the best out of him it's Oscar. Look how ince has been a midfield revelation, crofts season has been imense and players like kaz and Bruno are performing well for longer than 1 match blip

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not really. We've been playing more of a 4-3-3, with only one proper wide man.

So you wouldn't say that today for example, we had a back four, Andrews and Ince holding, Crofts playing ahead of them in a three with Lua Lua and Lopez and ulloa up top on his own?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be surprised if we see CMS before March, let alone this season.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

Can you explain how you can have a 4-2-3-1 formation with somebody playing a second striker role? Did you pass Maths at school?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
So a 4-2-2-1-1 then surely?

I don't think you understand what he means. Second striker is not the number of strikers on the pitch. It's the name of a role, like target man or false 9. Also known as shadow striker, someone who plays in the hole behind the main forward and either feeds off knock downs or runs beyond the point striker when he drops deep. An AMC in a 4231.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Be surprised if we see CMS before March, let alone this season.

My son was told by somebody who sad he was in the know, and I know that he drinks with some ex players, that it is thought that CMS may never play league football again and will retire as he breaks down every time he tries to start training again, I hope that is b......t but it must be a consideration and a possibility.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My son was told by somebody who sad he was in the know, and I kniow that he drinks with some ex players, that it is thought that CMS may never play league football again and will retire as he breaks down every time he tries to start training again, I hope that is b......t but it must be a consideration and a possibility.

Heard similar, and that he is currently training at a lower intensity with the DS squad, but had very recent set backs.

Interesting to see if transfer window activity backs this up

Jimmy Grimble

Heard similar, and that he is currently training at a lower intensity with the DS squad, but had very recent set backs.

Interesting to see if transfer window activity backs this up

I wouldn't be a surprised (though I really hope not because I'd love to see him back in the team); he has been pressing his media work for a while now, probably trying to set himself up for the future. Can't blame him.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Can you explain how you can have a 4-2-3-1 formation with somebody playing a second striker role? Did you pass Maths at school?

Our current formation IS a 4-3-3, but turns into a 4-2-3-1 when we defend, and we actually sit very deep (which I don't like). My idea is more of a 4-4-1-1 when defending, but quickly turning into 4-2-3-1 when attacking, with the frount 4 players being very advanced. The central player of the attacking three midfielders will obviously be the second striker role. I assumed you actually knew how this basic stuff worked. This is exactly how Chelsea played against Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here