[Official Site] Oscar Plays it Cool

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1288652_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:56 11th January 2014
by Paul Camillin
I wouldn’t like to comment until we have the results, but it looks as if it might be a cruciate injury"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia was delighted with his team’s 1-0 win over Birmingham City at the Amex today, but played down the fact that his side sit sixth – a play-off place and the team’s highest position this season.
“We started slowly today, but after the first 20 minutes we played really well and we deserved to win. I asked the players to be patient. We had to show Birmingham some credit, as they were unbeaten in their last ten matches and were on a really good run. I think they showed that they are a very good team.
“Yes, we are sixth, but I am pleased because we won the match and once again the performance of the team was very good. That is all, I don’t want to comment further about our position in the league.”
The Albion head coach also revealed he was contemplating bringing off match-winner David Lopez moments before his winning goal, which clinched Albion’s first double of the season.
“David was one of the two options for our first substitution. We had a doubt over which player to change and it was a good decision to wait a little longer. He took the goal really well: he is a high-level technical player and he is doing his job and playing well.”
Despite the victory and another excellent performance from his side, Oscar was in a downbeat mood as a result of what looked a very bad injury to his midfield dynamo Andrew Crofts.
He was reluctant to confirm the extent of the injury until Crofts has undergone further diagnoses, but the midfielder showed his frustration as he punched the turf after going to ground, and was in clear discomfort as he left the pitch.
Oscar added, “It is a problem with the knee. I wouldn’t like to comment until we have the results, but it looks as if it might be a cruciate injury. It was the worst thing about today. It is good news that we won, but the injury is bad news as he has been excellent for us this season.”
Meanwhile, Oscar confirmed that Liam Bridcutt missed the game with the groin injury which has dogged his season – and despite his transfer request says he will have no qualms about playing him once he returns to fitness.
“He is still carrying a groin problem and is not 100% fit. He is a Brighton player and he will be avaiable for selection when he is 100 per cent."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here