Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we SELL the WRONG striker ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looking at Ulloa floundering around today with not even a SHOT let alone one on TARGET I can't help thinking WE sold the wrong STRIKER and should have sold him INSTEAD of Barnes

On the button as always Ern, we should have sold OKIBA. Bloom OUT

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Looking at Ulloa floundering around today with not even a SHOT let alone one on TARGET I can't help thinking WE sold the wrong STRIKER and should have sold him INSTEAD of Barnes

Barnes couldn't even score at Yeovil today despite being given a full 2 minutes.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Having sold Barnes to Burnley and Lita to Swansea it's clear the club are clueless. If they sell Obika to Spurs I'm going to throws my season ticket at Oscar's head!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Does Hoskins even go here? forgot who he was :/

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I thought YOU said BARNS was DROOPED after a BUST up with OSCAR, Enrest? Your SAUCE has clearly COME up trumps again.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
The answer is we sold the right striker.. This

You may well get there Mr Barnes but you wont stay there long I feel..

PUBLISHED

17:55 11th January 2014

ASHLEY Barnes insists he joined Burnley to fulfil his dream of playing in the Premier League.

The former Brighton striker, 24, made his debut as a late substitute in the Clarets 2-1 victory over Yeovil Town.

And Barnes admitted he was delighted to join a club that he believes can challenge for the top flight.

He said: “The move has been on the cards since last summer really and I am just glad it’s gone through and I can start a new chapter in my career.

“The gaffer was a big draw for me, but I needed a new challenge in my life.

“I had a fantastic time at Brighton and hopefully played my part in getting them where they are today, but it’s a fresh start now and what really secured it is I want to be in the Premier League.

“This group of lads can be in the Premier League and I want to help get them there.

“That’s why I chose Burnley and I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe we could do it.

“Everyone wants to get there, but I see this as a big chance and I want to help get them over the line.”

Barnes watched as strikers Danny Ings and Sam Vokes took their combined tally to the season to 33 with strikes in each half at Huish Park.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here