Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuming after the game

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Great game, really enjoyed that, especially the result but this feeling was soured by the fact that when I got back to my car there was a parking ticket on the windscreen.

I park in Lewes in the residential area behind the railway station carpark. I am very careful to make sure I am parking in a proper spot, not overhanging the end if parking area markings on the road. I also paid for a ticket from the nearby machine (the ticket allowed me to park up until Monday morning) and clearly placed this on my dashboard.

The car is very tidy and there is nothing else on the dash to obscure the ticket. They are obviously employing blind yellow banded traffic vultures (sorry, wardens) these days as it must be nearly impossible to see a white ticket on a black dash in broad daylight( just before 3 pm).

When I calm down and shall read how to go about contesting this, I took a couple of photos of my paid for ticket on the dash and the parking fine ticket under the wiper to hopefully prove that I had paid for my stay.

/rant

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What does the fine say? What do they believe your misdemeanour was? I was ticketed incorrectly and the traffic warden told me to appeal. I kindly thanked her for wasting my time and sent in photos of the signs, the car positioning and the ticket.

Good luck!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I saw that. I was parked in the row behind. As far as I could see you were the only victim.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Not only should they revoke the ticket in circumstances like these, they should also compensate you for the inconvenience of having to go through the appeal process.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Great game, really enjoyed that, especially the result but this feeling was soured by the fact that when I got back to my car there was a parking ticket on the windscreen.

I park in Lewes in the residential area behind the railway station carpark. I am very careful to make sure I am parking in a proper spot, not overhanging the end if parking area markings on the road. I also paid for a ticket from the nearby machine (the ticket allowed me to park up until Monday morning) and clearly placed this on my dashboard.

The car is very tidy and there is nothing else on the dash to obscure the ticket. They are obviously employing blind yellow banded traffic vultures (sorry, wardens) these days as it must be nearly impossible to see a white ticket on a black dash in broad daylight( just before 3 pm).

When I calm down and shall read how to go about contesting this, I took a couple of photos of my paid for ticket on the dash and the parking fine ticket under the wiper to hopefully prove that I had paid for my stay.

/rant

If your account is true (and they would have photographed your dash), I can understand your annoyance. You may well win an appeal, but the tw*t has given you a tedious admin task to deal with.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
To be honest, I didn't know there were any 'permit only' spaces, if I was in one then I will put my hand up, guilty as charged, and pay The fine. I was parked in the street (where I always park for football) and not In any of the off road bays.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I really enjoyed the game. However, in the lower west stand bar afterwards, some woman knocked me and spilled about a third of a pint of my Marstons Pedigree, which wasn't that nice anyway. She didn't even apologise. Gutted. Is this the right thread, or should I start another?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
I really enjoyed the game. However, in the lower west stand bar afterwards, some woman knocked me and spilled about a third of a pint of my Marstons Pedigree, which wasn't that nice anyway. She didn't even apologise. Gutted. Is this the right thread, or should I start another?

Can I have a moan? Marstons pedigree!!!!!!!! we only have Harveys shit in the WSU,we never get decent beer up there,why do they only do guest beers in the ground floor kiosks.lazy *******s.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Were you parked in a Permits only bay?

I was going to ask the same.
I nearly got a ticket in Lewes when I was parked in Valence Road(not today) I parked next to the meter, paid and put a ticket in my van, when I returned to the van a warden was standing next to it, I asked her if everything was ok, she said she was giving me 5 minutes waiting time before she gave me a ticket.
I said I had paid and pointed to my window, I was told I was in a permits bay and the meter paid parking was round the corner in another road. This road had NO meter.

Very strange parking arrangements in Lewes, crafty b@rstards, I bet loads of people get caught.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Been having a look at Google maps at the parking signs, although it's difficult to make out the signs it does look like I was in a private permit holders area. Further down the (same) road is parking meter and further up the (same) road is meter so it looks like I just wasn't paying enough attention. Guilt as charged I guess, I'll pay the fine early to get a 50% reduction.

Think I'll go back to getting the train from Appledore and just get home 45 minutes later.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Been having a look at Google maps at the parking signs, although it's difficult to make out the signs it does look like I was in a private permit holders area. Further down the (same) road is parking meter and further up the (same) road is meter so it looks like I just wasn't paying enough attention. Guilt as charged I guess, I'll pay the fine early to get a 50% reduction.

Think I'll go back to getting the train from Appledore and just get home 45 minutes later.

Sorry to hear that, as I said in my post 11, it's not obvious in some Lewes streets, when I questioned the warden about the meter being next to the permit bay, she said I had to look at the markings on the road, different lines for permit and ticket parking.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Marstons Pedigree was on sale in WSU from the centre kiosk! Try looking, lazy ****** :)

Then can I moan about lying pre-game emails from the club informing me that the Marstons would be available on the ground floor kiosks?(no mention of ESU or WSU) So bored with the Lewes sewer water I went to the Swan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here