Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In all the years you have been watching brighton, have you ever seen a team such as this, that dominates games for the majority of the time, come way with so few goals.

Reading we could have had a hatful! Today we dominated 80 minutes of that game and only scored the one.

I am not complaining, as I am so enjoying this seasons games, but with a tad more luck, we could have a. Huge goal difference by now.

:clap2:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We dominated for the first hour. After that, we looked vulnerable.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Once we start putting a few of these chances away we could go on a decent run. Ulloa was a bit off the pace today, not given up on 2nd place just yet. Next 3 away games will be crucial to the season.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Not through want of trying, if we're not hitting the woodwork, we're giving the keeper a serious workout.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not through want of trying, if we're not hitting the woodwork, we're giving the keeper a serious workout.

Exactly, that is what I am getting at?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
It's been a trait of the Amex years home games. Other than the odd game like those towards the end of last season when we scored freely, opponents seem to come here to sit back knowing our possession game and we find it hard to break teams down.

You always have the feeling that with a couple of fit strikers (good enough to be at a top-end of the Championship club or better), we could destroy teams.

If we had got in a player like Benayoun (as we were loosely linked with) and not had Ulloa/CMS out for so long I think we would have been right up there at this stage of the season, given the way Oscar sets his teams out as a more 'proactive' version of last seasons offerings. I am amazed at the success this season given the unstructured nature of our pre-season. Oscar really is a magnificent football coach.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
in the past we dominated games by getting the ball to Ward or Zamora and they would do the rest. I dont remember us dominating possession but the further you go back the more direct (longer ball) the football, the less midfield play and the poorer the pitches. Plus the only things recorded then were the scorers and the score - no pro zone stats, etc.

Games are won nowadays by keeping the ball, wearing teams down and exploiting mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here