Ulloa-6

Obika-6
Orlandi-6
El-Abd-N/A

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
agree with Crofts as MOM

Thought Greer had a very good game also, keeping a close watch on Zigic and not giving him any room to attack the ball.

Felt safer with TK in goal

Ward, Upson and Andrews were unsung heroes today

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Kooshack 7
Bruno 7
Ward 7
Greer 7
Upson 7
Andrews 7
Ince 6
Crofts 7
Lua lua 8
David 7
Ulloa 5

Obika 5
Orlando 5

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Kuszczak - 7 calm and collected, good claims and important punch at the end

Bruno - 7 gave the ball away a few times first half but very good with David I'm the second. Very bright
Greer - 7 solid and commanding with good balls forward
Upson - 7 solid and cool
Ward - 7.5 love this guy, very good going forward and defensively!

Ince - 7 very good first half less effective second and very unlucky not to score after rounding the keeper
Crofts - 8 pressed well, tackled and held opposition off the ball very sad to see him injured
Andrews - 9 Everywhere! Constant pressing, breaking down attacks, helping out CBs and getting forward. A better performance than all of Bridcutts recent ones...dare I say

Lopez - 7.5 delightful finish, second half seemed a lot more confident and involved a lot
Ulloa - 5.5 poor by his standards. Couldn't hold it up, couldn't get shots off but gets +.5 for the assist
LuaLua - 9 brilliant all game. Our only real creative outlet in first half and was very very dangerous. Deserved a goal but denied by great keeping.

Subs
Obika - 6 promising debut, showed pace and ability to hold up the ball. Could be a good Barnes replacement
Orlandi - 6.5 involved as soon as he came on, gave ince some instructions and his passing was very slick. Hoping he starts next week
El Abd - N/A

I thought we were really bloody good today. Nervy last 15 butwe should have had the game sewn up. We missed Barnes IMO, though it's probably because ulloa didn't turn up. Very impressive, here's hoping for 9 points from our away adventures!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kuszchak 8. Class act, again.
Upson 8. with Greer did a good job on Zigic
Greer 8. added passing ability to the centre of defence
Ward 4. Sorry, but he's not a very good defender at this stage of his career. Their wide right men could beat him and cross at will
Bruno 6. Awful first half hour in possession, but recovered. Like Ward lacks outstanding pace, allowing fast wide men to destroy him
Crofts 9. One of his best performances since his return. Battled, creative, everywhere. MOTM
Ince 7. Not up to usual high standards, but fine.
Andrews 7. OK
Lopez 8. Good game and got the vital goal.
LuaLua 8.5. Major threat throughout
Ulloa 4. Just never woke up from his Siesta. Not just in match fitness terms, but so dopey in thought.

Obika 3. Too soon to say. Beaten for strength, pace over 5 yards and awareness, by central defenders who would have been knackered in comparison.
Orlandi 5. Short cameo, but all the signs of the usual class.
El Abd. 5. Helped the (unnecessary against poor opposition) rearguard action see it out.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Kuszczak 7
Bruno 4 first half 8 second half
Greer 8
Upson 8
Ward 8 more attacking today. Mr dependable
Crofts 9
Ince 8
Andrews 8
Lopez 4 first half 8 second
Lua Lua 8
Ulloa 6 Looked way off the pace and if Barnes had played like that he would have been crucified on here. Body language when subbed didn't look great lets hope it was because he isn't !00% fit.

Obika 6 Looks pacey, but got to get used to the way we play, so hope given game time unlike Lita
Orlandi 6 Not a central midfielder looked lost in the crofts role
Dib Dab Not on long enough to mark

Lets hope crofts injury is not as bad as it looked. Terrific performance today. The whole midfield looked strong today and we bossed that part of the pitch.:smile:

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kuszczak-6 Decent enough. Bit unconvincing at the end.
Bruno-6 Poor first half, better 2nd.
Greer-6.5 solid on the whole. Gave the ball away cheaply once or twice.
Upson-7.5 Excellent
Ward-7.5 Excellent. Hugely controlled performance.
Ince-6.5
Crofts-9 MOTM. Immense performance. He must be a nightmare to play against.
Andrews-7.5 Tidy
Spanish Dave-7 back towards the real Dave. Great technique for the goal.
LuaLua-8 constant danger.
Ulloa-4 What the hell is up with Leo? He made Zigic look mobile.

Obika- 6. Meh
Orlandi-6
El-Abd-N/A

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Kuszchak 8. Class act, again.

Ward 4. Sorry, but he's not a very good defender at this stage of his career. Their wide right men could beat him and cross at will

What game were you watching. Ward has been our most consistent player this season, but guess it is all about opinions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak 6
Bruno 7
Ward 7
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ince 7
Andrews 7
KLL 8
Crofts 8
Lopez 6 - only because of he goal, poor most of the time and should not be playing.
Ulloa 5 - worst performance in a Brighton shirt

Obika 6
Orlandi 6
AEA n/a

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought they got an awful lot of crosses in from the right with ease in second half especially. Balls flying across our 6 yard box after unopposed crosses. A better team would have put them away.

That would be 2 near the end when they were piling forward and he was dealing with 2 wide players as KLL was shattered.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Kuszczak 7
Bruno 7.5
Ward 7.5
Greer 7
Upson 7
Ince 7 (8.5 1st half, 5.5 2nd)
Andrews 7.5
Kaz 8
Crofts 8
Dave 7.5
Ulloa 4 - clearly not fit

Obika 6
Orlandi 6.5
Adam n/a

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Kuszczak - 7 calm and collected, good claims and important punch at the end

Bruno - 7 gave the ball away a few times first half but very good with David I'm the second. Very bright
Greer - 7 solid and commanding with good balls forward
Upson - 7 solid and cool
Ward - 7.5 love this guy, very good going forward and defensively!

Ince - 7 very good first half less effective second and very unlucky not to score after rounding the keeper
Crofts - 8 pressed well, tackled and held opposition off the ball very sad to see him injured
Andrews - 9 Everywhere! Constant pressing, breaking down attacks, helping out CBs and getting forward. A better performance than all of Bridcutts recent ones...dare I say

Lopez - 7.5 delightful finish, second half seemed a lot more confident and involved a lot
Ulloa - 5.5 poor by his standards. Couldn't hold it up, couldn't get shots off but gets +.5 for the assist
LuaLua - 9 brilliant all game. Our only real creative outlet in first half and was very very dangerous. Deserved a goal but denied by great keeping.

Subs
Obika - 6 promising debut, showed pace and ability to hold up the ball. Could be a good Barnes replacement
Orlandi - 6.5 involved as soon as he came on, gave ince some instructions and his passing was very slick. Hoping he starts next week
El Abd - N/A

I thought we were really bloody good today. Nervy last 15 butwe should have had the game sewn up. We missed Barnes IMO, though it's probably because ulloa didn't turn up. Very impressive, here's hoping for 9 points from our away adventures!

I was going to post my own ratings but then I saw these. Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here