Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, Play Offs then?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
At last. We've had so many opportunitys and now we've finally made it and only two points behind Forest for 5th spot as well :)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Marvellous viewing the league table right now, but let's not count our chickens just yet - a tough few games coming up.

Sorry. It's too late for me on that score
a005ab95_chickens_hatch.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think so - we're still improving and I think we can expect quite a bit more from Ulloa, Orlandi and Kemy amongst others this season.

Don't think we'll go up but playoffs should represent a success after the summer we had.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Marvellous viewing the league table right now, but let's not count our chickens just yet - a tough few games coming up.

We seem to do better against the teams in the top half of the table, bring 'em on

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Still very tight from 5th down to 9th or thereabouts. Taking nothing at all for granted but we seem to have become durable and tough to beat. I'm hopeful we'll still be in the top 6 come the end of the season.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Very tricky games against Derby & Burnley coming up. Long time until we are at home again. Makes the win today even more important. If we are still in the top 6 by the next home game then we would have done bloody well.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Our seasons are never dull are they??!! :cool:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dates for the diary...

May 2014
3rd End of Sky Bet Football League season
7th-16th Provisional Play-Off Semi-Final dates (exact fixture dates TBC)
24th Championship Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We seem to do better against the teams in the top half of the table, bring 'em on

We're also doing pretty well away from home this season, let's hope both of these continue to coincide and we can improve our form at home and against teams in the bottom half.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Dates for the diary...

May 2014
3rd End of Sky Bet Football League season
7th-16th Provisional Play-Off Semi-Final dates (exact fixture dates TBC)
24th Championship Play-Off Final - Wembley Stadium

August 2014
16th Premier League season kicks off

:thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Too early to get complacent about the playoffs yet. The last couple of performances give me some optimism though as we have played some decent football and made sure that the opposing keeper has had to earn his pay. However with the injury situation still poor and the unsettling nature of this transfer window Oscar has yet to settle on a side. When we have a better idea of our best team I then think we can make a more solid judgement.

I have to say though, to get to 6th with all the on and off-the-field distractions at this stage is a fantastic achievement.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

.....and I think we will feel the absence of Crofts more than people think.....he has run that midfield this season, something we havnt had for a few seasons to be honest....don't underestimate how much he contributed to our resilience.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
.....and I think we will feel the absence of Crofts more than people think.....he has run that midfield this season, something we havnt had for a few seasons to be honest....don't underestimate how much he contributed to our resilience.

Crofts this season has made us more resilient, especially away from home. Without him we may need to revert to a more attaking / score more than the opposition type approach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here