Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
seagulls-l229-1287359_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
10:09 11th January 2014
by Luke Nicoli
I’m optimistic that we have a good chance of promotion"
Matt Upson
In today’s issue of Seagull, we catch up with cover star Matthew Upson, who looks back at his first year at the Amex, his time with Birmingham, and lays down a challenge for the rest of the season. “If we can get to within four or five points of the top, then we have a real chance. I’m optimistic that we have a good chance of promotion,” he tells us.
Matthew also reveals how he keeps his body in shape at 34, his responsibility as a senior player and what he was up to while the rest of the squad were playing in the FA Cup last Saturday.
At the other end of the scale, Adam Chicksen looks back at his first Albion start in that FA Cup game, how Upson has helped him and reflects on his career to date. He also tells us about an interesting business interest away from football. “Naturally I record Homes Under the Hammer for a few tips and ideas but my girlfriend is always having a go at me as I use up all the memory on the Sky box!” is a clue for what he gets up to…
Before going to press we caught up with Jon Obika, who had just put pen to paper on his loan deal from Tottenham. He arrives in red-hot form following a run-out for Spurs earlier this week. “To score six goals was very nice – it was good to have my shooting boots back on, but I wasn’t expecting that kind of result!”*
Club historian Tim Carder takes us around the new Albion Museum, Andrea Orlandi reveals a rebellious side, which involved throwing food out of a window, and Kazenga LuaLua tells us about his greatest game, which will please all Albion fans.
“Back in the changing room everyone was laughing and joking around. It was such an amazing experience,” he says of the game in question. “There is nothing better than beating your rivals.”
They say you should never go back, but find out why Andrew Crofts disagrees with that statement and Alan Mullery reflects on the sad passing of Eusebio earlier this week.
Read all this and much more in your double award-winning copy of Seagull, available in and around the stadium at today’s game.
Albion v Birmingham at the Amex today. Tickets available*online, via the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901 or at the Amex Stadium ticket office.*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here