Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ward Happy on South Coast

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion left-back Stephen Ward has become a regular in Oscar Garcia’s side this season and admits he’d be happy to stay on the south coast.
The 28-year-old is on a season-long loan from Wolves and hasn’t ruled out remaining at the Amex when his deal runs out.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m still contracted to Wolves for another year but I have really enjoyed my time here so far.
“It’s a great club, a great place and, if something were to happen, I would be more than happy to come down here but there is a long way to go yet.
“I’m only on loan until the end of the season and I don’t think anything will be spoken about until the last ball is kicked.”
********Ward scores a dramatic late equaliser against Bournemouth
The Republic of Ireland international, who is expected to return to the starting eleven after being rested against Reading, also spoke of the squad’s togetherness as the transfer window swings into action.
“The best thing about this club and the players we have here is that we’ve got a real togetherness and a real team spirit.
“Whatever speculation there is in the press, or whatever has gone on off the field, doesn’t really affect us on the training pitch or when we go out there on a Saturday because everyone is here to do their best for the club.
“You hear stories here and there and players will come and go, but it’s no different to any other transfer window so you just get on with things.
“With the squad of players we have here the more of them we keep together, the better chance we have of going up.”
Following Birmingham’s visit, Albion embark on a run of three away games and Ward believes his side have nothing to fear as they approach each game with confidence.
Watch Albion record their most recent away victory at Bloomfield Road
“We’re always confident at home but we’ve also had some really good form away from home this season.
“We never fear going anywhere and we feel we’re as good a side as anyone when we go away.
“Sometimes that suits us because the home team has to come out and play – they can’t sit back as a lot of teams tend to do here.
“So we’ll take each game as it comes and, obviously, we’re looking at the Birmingham game first.
“They’ve had some decent results against teams at the top end of the table so we’re under no illusions, it’s going to be a tough game.
“They’re going to be a team full of confidence and no matter who is out there in a Birmingham shirt, the manager will be telling them to keep doing what they’ve been doing.
“They’ll come down here expecting to win but it’s our home patch and we need to impose our game on them and make sure we’re the ones leaving with maximum points.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here