Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Somewhat nerdy question re Airfix/Revell models

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
One for the closet geeks here. Where in Brighton (or West/ maybe the western side of East Sussex) can one find a shop that sells Airfix or Revell models, like aircraft or warships, that kind of thing. The ones you glue together & paint. If that's your bag.

There used to be a Modelzone on West St/Cranbourne St in Brighton but I think the company folded. I can't see Toys R Us having much of a range- or am I wrong?

Anyone assist with knowledge of a local shop that has a decent range of this sort of thing?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Try Hobbycraft in County Oak Retail Park in Crawley,I was in there just before Christmas and they had a fair range of Airfix,Revel and Tamiya models.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
One for the closet geeks here. Where in Brighton (or West/ maybe the western side of East Sussex) can one find a shop that sells Airfix or Revell models, like aircraft or warships, that kind of thing. The ones you glue together & paint. If that's your bag.

There used to be a Modelzone on West St/Cranbourne St in Brighton but I think the company folded. I can't see Toys R Us having much of a range- or am I wrong?

Anyone assist with knowledge of a local shop that has a decent range of this sort of thing?
Try ebay they have got tons of stuff and you can find almost any model you want .
I recently looked and found loads of the old stuff stil boxed etc

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
And I need it sharpish, hence eBay isn't an option on this occasion & I'm looking for an actual shop.

The Hobbycraft website looks promising, I might dash up there tomorrow morning. Thanks, beautiful NSCers :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Hobbycraft in ferring (near Haskins) has them too

Is that the same (chain) as the one in Crawley? Ferring is just past Worthing, right?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Yea, its just passed worthing, if you go along a27 and turn off towards angmering down the a280 to the a259 its on the right

pu7y5une.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yea, its just passed worthing, if you go along a27 and turn off towards angmering down the a280 to the a259 its on the right

pu7y5une.jpg

Bloody annoying, I was down that way only a couple of days ago. If I'd thought then...

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

And you call us Nigels? :wink:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A second shout for the one near the railway bridge on Sackville Road in Hove. Floor to ceiling in kits :)

Btw there is an old saying...

Modellers make better lovers :love:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Gardener and Scardifield who are builders merchants in Lancing have a huge amount of Arfix kits for sale if that helps

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Lsamodels in sackville road.
I'd say go there.
For a start, it is absolutely packed with stock, and more importantly, it's not just another chain superstore, but a good old fashioned shop of old, that will truly benefit from your custom.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

There used to be a model shop in Buggs Hole, at the top end of Junction Road near the Station. Mid Sussex Models. Not sure if still there though! They used to sell Hornby, Scalextrix and Airfix stuff.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here