Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it ok to use a hotels swimming pool if not a resident?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm referring to when on holiday in Spain / Portugal / Turkey ect?

Is it acceptable to walk into a hotel and use the facilities, buying drinks etc and use the pool, or are the facilities for residents only?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
It varies, we use one that is generally open to all as long as your spending but many have security

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes. You can quote me on that if you get caught.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They did it in the Inbetweeners Movie. They only got chucked out because they nicked the sun beds off a family with a disabled kid, and also half drowned an eight year old. So if you avoid those sort of things you should be fine.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
If an all inclusive resort you want to use then I'd say no you can't, other hotels should be ok if you go in and ask, as long as you spend money whilst there then there shouldn't be a problem, they are a business at the end of the day and anybody's money should be welcome.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As long as you don't pee in the pool it should be ok.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton

Is it acceptable to walk into a hotel and use the facilities, buying drinks etc and use the pool, or are the facilities for residents only?

No it's not. You will most likely be approached fairly quickly by the hotel staff who will detain you until the local police arrive. It's possible (as happened to a close friend) your passport will be confiscated and you will be sent back on the next flight home to Blighty.

Don't do it - it's not worth the risk.

That's only applicable for the three countries you mention though - everywhere else you can go crazy.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
My record in Spain is ten different hotel pools in nine days. When you enter the hotel just look confident and like you know where you are going.
I only swim a few lengths and go though, never bother using the sunbeds.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Hotel Medium had security on the gate ,but a stroll to Hotel Reception and ask for a Pool ticket was usually good enough.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

In Greece, there is a charge (5 - 10 euros) to use such pools, which can include a drink such as an orange juice, but not always.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here