Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has there ever been a Brighton player who has divided opinion as much as Ashley Barnes

Cambs Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
never a true number 9, however has never stopped trying, however so frustrating at times. But IMHO opinion always wore the stripes with pride. good bye and good luck.

Anyone else divided opinions so much?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Had anyone else generated so many separate threads?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Neon Light

A BRIGHT spark on his day, Illuminated some games but could be often duller than a new fangled 60w bulb. However he scored some crackers and missed some like he was knackered! Thanks Ash, it was memorable.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Kevin Bremner
image.jpg

Last edited:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
For a player with obvious limitations, he has done very well to go from having a loan spell in the Conference to becoming an established player at the top end of the Championship in just a few seasons and to be signed by a club aspiring to be promoted to the Premier League at the end of this season. He's never going to be a 15-20 goal a season striker at this level, but people seem to be under the misapprehension that such strikers grow on trees. They are rare commodities and it's why the ones that do have such talents are so expensive to snap up. Barnes played his part though and scored some good goals that won or retrieved matches for Brighton, his goal against Bournemouth a few weeks ago was a classic of its type.

I think he is one of those players that you miss when he's no longer around and you appreciate what he brought to the team. I can see him fitting in well at Burnley and he could prove to be a very effective foil for Danny Ings when they play together. Barnes' physical attributes will commit defenders and it will result in space being freed up for Danny Ings who is nimble with the ball at his feet and quick off the ground to drop into to have goalscoring opportunities. Burnley could do very well out of the move at least in the short term.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Barnes is easily the clear winner with the names mentioned so far

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Leon Knight?

Not at all. Knight was very much liked until he left and pressed the self destruct button.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Not at all. Knight was very much liked until he left and pressed the self destruct button.

My memory could be playing tricks, unusually for a player as prolific as Knight I'd suggest he was never taken to heart by lots of fans.
He was a prick before he left us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here