Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very confused

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
In a season that has left us with a real striker shortage.why on earth have we sold the only striker that has remained fit.
Ashley Barnes is no Lionel messi but he has run his socks off this season & never given less than 100%

Yes cms is close to a return but nobody knows how such a serious injury is going to affect him aswell as Hoskins.

Yes we have signed Jon obika on loan but we also signed leroy lita & what impact did he make.

So the only striker we have at the moment is leonardo (no pressure then)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Good question....

I'm sure the answer is on the other 23 threads discussing exactly the same thing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Basically as he was clearly not going to renew his contract therefore only option to cash in on value.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would imagine we should see another striker sign for us. I do not believe that we will go in to the remainder of the campaign with one established striker and a rookie.

As an aside, [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION], wasn't Daniel brilliant?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hasn't this already got discussed extensively? He didn't sign a contract with us so we had to sell him now or get no money for him in the summer. We may well get in another striker before the window closes too.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What has happened to this board? Total bedwetting about the loss of an average player almost out of contract and thread duplication en masse. Mods cant all this rubbish get merged into one Ashley Barnes binfest?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What has happened to this board? Total bedwetting about the loss of an average player almost out of contract and thread duplication en masse. Mods cant all this rubbish get merged into one Ashley Barnes binfest?

Don't get me wrong Barnes was not close to the top of the list of players we didnt want to lose but given our striker shortage surely a replacement should have been found before we sold him.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Another striker will be signed. We have another 20 days before the end of the transfer window. TB etc will have a few targets, they were well aware that AB was going and the priority will be to get a replacement for him, not Liam.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Don't get me wrong Barnes was not close to the top of the list of players we didnt want to lose but given our striker shortage surely a replacement should have been found before we sold him.

Well there is another 3-weeks of the window to go yet, so I'm sure there will be more ins and outs

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

this

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

We signed Jon Obika before we sold Ashley. We also have a Cardiff Player in our sights - Joe Mason(?) - and another 3 weeks of the transfer window to go. I am sure there will be other strikers on our radar.

And much though I appreciated mr Barnes, his strike rate of less than a goal every three games was not mind-blowing. He was a valuable player in many other ways, but not prolific. in a goal scoring sense.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Another striker will be signed. We have another 20 days before the end of the transfer window. TB etc will have a few targets, they were well aware that AB was going and the priority will be to get a replacement for him, not Liam.

What use is that tomorrow.

If Leo gets injured or sent off tomorrow where does that leave us

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Obika will be up front on his own until CMS is ready to return. Andrews has also played as a striker at other clubs he has been at. No need to hit the panic button yet.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

The same as before. When Leo was injured, we had Barnes. If Barnes got injured, we had Lita. Now if Leo gets injured we again have the loan striker, which is Jon Obika. In other words we had one fit striker (Barnes) with Lita back up.....now we have one fit striker (Leo) with Obika as back up.
I know out of the two options which i prefer.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In a season that has left us with a real striker shortage.why on earth have we sold the only striker that has remained fit.
Ashley Barnes is no Lionel messi but he has run his socks off this season & never given less than 100%

Yes cms is close to a return but nobody knows how such a serious injury is going to affect him aswell as Hoskins.

Yes we have signed Jon obika on loan but we also signed leroy lita & what impact did he make.

So the only striker we have at the moment is leonardo (no pressure then)

The only logical explanation that we are going to sign a new striker in the window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obika will be up front on his own until CMS is ready to return. Andrews has also played as a striker at other clubs he has been at. No need to hit the panic button yet.

I think you mean Ward, rather than Andrews, but that is a very good point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here