Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
barnes-l229-1206260_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:00 10th January 2014
by Paul Camillin
I will take away some brilliant memories from time with the Albion"
Ashley Barnes
Ashley Barnes has said thank you to Albion’s fans and told seagulls.co.uk he will take many fond memories from his time with the club.
The striker completed his move to Burnley earlier today, but before heading off to Yeovil with his new side for their game Huish Park tomorrow, the former Plymouth Argyle striker took time out to say a fond farewell to Seagulls fans.
“I am sorry to leave Brighton, but it was a fantastic opportunity with Burnley and one which I really had to take,” he explained. “I hope fans understand that football can be like that.
“Now I am now looking forward to the next chapter of my career at a new club – but I will take away some brilliant memories from time with the Albion.
“The fans have been fantastic to me, and the last four years have been brilliant. It’s been a rollercoaster, but with a lot more ups than downs – both for the club and me personally.
“I’d also like to thank those at the club who’ve helped me develop as a player, especially Gus, Tano and Charlie. And since the summer Oscar and Nathan.
“Brighton are a great club and I am sure they will continue to progress with Oscar. He is a top coach and I have enjoyed my time playing for him this season, and I would like to thank him and wish him well.”
Barnes is already looking forward to a swift reunion with his former colleagues, when Albion travel to Burnley on the 28th January.
“As a professional I will be looking to do my best for Burnley, I’m sure Albion fans will understand that sentiment will be put to one side for that match; maybe a few will give me a bit of banter from the stands – but I hope most will remember the good things I did for the club.
“My highlights are winning the league and scoring 20 goals in the championship-winning season, helping to establish Brighton as a real force in the Championship and I will never forget that first game at the Amex, and beating Doncaster 2-1.
“I will always have a soft spot for the club and wish all the lads well for the rest of the season – except of course when they come to Turf Moor!”
Albion v Birmingham at the Amex this Saturday. Tickets available*online, via the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901 or at the Amex Stadium ticket office.*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I was never overwhelmed with his ball skills or his finishing. Some of the finishing however was because he got himself in the right place, so kudos for that. But sorry to see him go, never stopped running, heart of a lion. I felt if he'd been asked to play in the back four he would have gone and 'done the job' (though I might have been worried we'd give a few penalties away). Good luck to the guy and nice he should leave a message for the fans. :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here