Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was your most memorable Ashley Barnes moment?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It's been an interesting four years with some major highs and lows. Some great goals, some really important goals, controversy and some moments of idiocy! What were the biggest three moments in AB's Albion career?

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Very hard working team player but the one that sticks in my mind was the tripping of the ref

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The headed goal against D&R that secured promotion at Withers. Great scenes.

The RIDICULOUS moment at the Amex, ironically against Burnley, when we got reduced to 9 men in the 11th minute, because Barnes got a straight red for getting taken out two-footed. Not so great.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What was the game where he scored two and CMS got in the way of two more goal bound shots to rob him of another two? Barnsley?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
His performance against Arsenal was frankly MAJESTIC. Put over a world class cross for Leo, and scored a good one himself.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Arsenal in the cup last season, storming goal and superb assist for Ulloa.

D&R at home, sealed promotion in 4-3 spectacular game.

Penalty at Selhurst, to stop the Nigels doing the double over us for the first time in 60 years.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not so much a performance, but there was a game I think last season, possibly the one before, but definitely at the Amex where some guy in the crowd was moaning about Barnes being on the pitch, that he was useless and not going to score in a million years. Then he scored and the moaner said something along the lines of "great. He's got his goal, now get him off". Then when he stayed on the pitch, "why is he still on the pitch? he never scores twice", followed by a second Barnes goal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not so much a performance, but there was a game I think last season, possibly the one before, but definitely at the Amex where some guy in the crowd was moaning about Barnes being on the pitch, that he was useless and not going to score in a million years. Then he scored and the moaner said something along the lines of "great. He's got his goal, now get him off". Then when he stayed on the pitch, "why is he still on the pitch? he never scores twice", followed by a second Barnes goal.

Two really good goals, too. I remember the discussion. Ipswich.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder how many other failures as players have scored goals against Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Palace for the Albion

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here