Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 750 000 VINYL albums sold in 2014

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Thought this nugget of news from earlier in the week needed a thread of it's own :ohmy:

Over 15 000 records a week sold in this fast re-emerging format :thumbsup:

Also, more than 1 000 000 000 songs were streamed in 2014!

Music is back, music is back, hello...

:)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've still never owned a record in my life.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very glad vinyl is having a resurgence, hopefully more will join the cause!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I have reverted back to vinyl. In the past the downside to having a vinyl album was that you couldnt play it in the car. But now you either get a copy of CD with the vinyl album or download codes.

I just love the feel, packaging that goes with vinyl.

More records the merrier.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Thought this nugget of news from earlier in the week needed a thread of it's own :ohmy:

Over 15 000 records a week sold in this fast re-emerging format :thumbsup:

Also, more than 1 000 000 000 songs were streamed in 2014!

Music is back, music is back, hello...

:)

Good news on the vinyl!

And a LOT more than 1,000,000,000 songs streamed... taking one random artist as an example, Imagine Dragons new album has been streamed around 500,000,000 times on Spotify ALONE.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Last year I bought 8 new 7inch singles and 3 new Lps and about 10 second hand LPs as well as maybe 10 Cds.

Not a good year for me buying music...but this year I fancy as its my 50th year, going on a spend up!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Last year I bought 8 new 7inch singles and 3 new Lps and about 10 second hand LPs as well as maybe 10 Cds.

Not a good year for me buying music...but this year I fancy as its my 50th year, going on a spend up!!

Ahem, probably buying in about 10 LPs a month at the moment, from 50p charity shop bargains to £15-20 eBay collectables. All second hand. Maybe selling 5-10 a month to keep the collection manageable ...

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have gone the other way. I tunes may well be the devil incarnate, but the only thing I miss about vinyl is the possible message on the run off.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Ahem, probably buying in about 10 LPs a month at the moment, from 50p charity shop bargains to £15-20 eBay collectables. All second hand. Maybe selling 5-10 a month to keep the collection manageable ...

You lucky thing, the trouble is the sort of stuff I like is unavailable in charity shops, and I have nearly all the older stuff I like, so I just buy new releases on vinyl.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm seriously considering selling my entire CD collection and reverting to vinyl and downloads. Most LPs come with download options anyhow, and it's so easy to download via iTunes, Amazon and via artists direct.

So, goodbye CDs and I'll need to make space for more LPs. I love vinyl. Makes you a more patient listener.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The one good thing about vinyl is that you can spin them backwards and look for satanic messages.

However, never play a Country & Western disc backwards, all that happens is you get your girl back, get your job back, get your house back....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here