Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is............drum roll..........

Marstons Pedigree.

Oh well.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Not a bad pint, if its kept right. A Marstons pub has just opened down the road from me in Crawley.

Though isn't Marstons more Derby than Brum?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Harvey's isn't bad if kept right... unlike the cloudy, tangy tripe they serve at the Amex.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You have a valid point there.

It was such a shame that The Albion STIFFED Dark Star and made it hard for them and yet layed a glided path for the dirty dishwater boys from Lewes.

Didn't Dark Star decide they couldn't supply the club? Something to do with capacity, not exactly the clubs fault is it? Harveys, one of the most highly regarded and awarded beers in the country, so I guess there are plenty who like it just fine, and they were able to meet the demand.

Harvey's isn't bad if kept right... unlike the cloudy, tangy tripe they serve at the Amex.

Partly agree, I've had a couple of mingers, but in the main it is just fine. One would hope that they have improved their handling of the stuff, and have largely got it right now. Shouldn't ever be cloudy though as it's supposed to be "bright".

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Next week is the day for good beer. Spoilt for choice around the pubs of Derby. Derbyshire brewing company, Thornbridge and Oakham will all be around the town centre boozers. Might have a couple.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wish these ale snobs would stop banging on about Harvey's. It's not a bad ale at all, in fact, it's rather good. Yes, there are better ales, but at least you are not being asked to sup John Smith's and Heineken (yet!)

All you Harvey's moaners are just trying to make out like you know something amazing about beer. Get a grip. Many bigger clubs wouldn't give their local ale a sniff of being served at the club bars.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I love my Harveys but I have to put in a good word for Pedigree here. Used to live in Derby and it's a cracking beer when it's brewed right. Can't guarantee what we'll be serving up tomorrow will pass muster, but you never know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here