Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do clubs 'interview' transfer targets, or just talk to their agents?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I just ask, as there seems to be a few players signing for clubs, then apparently not 'fitting in'? Chamhak at Arsenal, the fella from Palace at Man Utd and Lamela at Spurs? All big money deals, but they haven't had a sniff of regular, if any, first team action ???

Is it they sign cold, then don't get with the programme?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Tony Pulis said (on a bbc programme about scouting) that he rejected a few players because of their attitude when he met them.

Arsenal make their players do an aptitude test. Bendtner got the highest ever score for self confidence (completely true btw).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tony Pulis said (on a bbc programme about scouting) that he rejected a few players because of their attitude when he met them.

Arsenal make their players do an aptitude test. Bendtner got the highest ever score for self confidence (completely true btw).

I'll remember this all wrong now - there was a player about three years ago, thought he'd secured his 'big' move to Championship Peterborough. Deal all agreed, first part of the interview done, then Ferguson asked him if he wanted to see the training ground, and the lad said 'Nah, not bothered' - Feguson pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Edit - found it. Sam Baldock. http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...sfer_bid_for_baldock_1_2817586?commentspage=3

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I'll remember this all wrong now - there was a player about three years ago, thought he'd secured his 'big' move to Championship Peterborough. Deal all agreed, first part of the interview done, then Ferguson asked him if he wanted to see the training ground, and the lad said 'Nah, not bothered' - Feguson pulled the plug on the whole thing.

EDit - found it. Sam Baldock. http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...sfer_bid_for_baldock_1_2817586?commentspage=3

Similar episode with a certain Dean Cox I recall

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Similar episode with a certain Dean Cox I recall

Never heard that. I know there was talk of them looking at him on one of the many occasions that they looked like losing George Boyd.

Couldn't see him there. Too far from Westfield.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Can only find as far as Albion Roar 7th December 2013

With guests Jo Hunter from Piglet's Pantry and Henry Butler from Butler's Wine Cellar which wine goes with which pie?

Nothing about Mr Burke.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Never heard that. I know there was talk of them looking at him on one of the many occasions that they looked like losing George Boyd.

Couldn't see him there. Too far from Westfield.

All covered in darragh macanthony's book

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks Big one. Going to have a listen as enjoy your shows :)

Where is it?

Can only find as far as Albion Roar 7th December 2013

With guests Jo Hunter from Piglet's Pantry and Henry Butler from Butler's Wine Cellar which wine goes with which pie?

Nothing about Mr Burke.

Have you looked on the link I put up in post #2?

Are you looking on iTunes? Even then, assuming you've 'refreshed' the selection and/or subscribe to it, it should still download onto your computer / phone thingy.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Can you remember any details?

Well in a nutshell he was rated as a player however as soon as the chairman met him it went down hill from there. It didn't help with Coxy demanding astronomical wages, which the chairman was unprepared to play for someone with no championship experience

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Have you looked on the link I put up in post #2?

Are you looking on iTunes? Even then, assuming you've 'refreshed' the selection and/or subscribe to it, it should still download onto your computer / phone thingy.

Thanks mate, got it and willl listen while cooking our meal :)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Can you remember any details?

yqyvyruq.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well in a nutshell he was rated as a player however as soon as the chairman met him it went down hill from there. It didn't help with Coxy demanding astronomical wages, which the chairman was unprepared to play for someone with no championship experience

Thanks.

Darragh Mac seems a bit of a prick, to be honest.

And he's wrong about having 'never kicked a ball at that level', too. Cox made his Albion debut in the Championship*

*as an 88th minute sub :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here