Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your favourite ever RIGHT BACK.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As a Right Back myself, I feel this postion is rarely discussed, mainly because its a dull and boring position to discuss, but who has been your favourite ever RIGHT BACK.

Paul Watson for me, although, I guess it helps he was playing when I first got a season ticket with friends and saw us through the glory years under adams. not to mention he was left footed and played on the right! FLAIR.

Obviously Calde will be a big hit in recent times. Peter Smith for comedy value maybe?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Albion: Calde or Watson (deadly from set pieces, that boy)

Other: Cafu or Dennis Irwin.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ramsey was good, but then another decent player we had was Mark Jones in the 80's...Didn't stay long as he couldn't settle.

I seem to remember Kieran O'Regan only played a handful of games at right back and was more of a midfielder in his time, but I think the one player other than Calde (who is probably our best right back) was Johnny Crumplin aka the Football Genius!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Calderon or Watson for performances.
Smith or Crumplin for cultness.

I always like Myall as well.

As a right-back, i'm quite sad that Enlgand have such a poor selection at the moment when in the past we had Neville, Parker, and Dixon. Even Danny Mills would walk into the team at the moment.

Internationally apart from Lahm (who plays left-back as well and now midfield for Bayern) I can't think of anyone special, though Zabelata is one of my favourite Premier League players.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
John Gregory was pretty good. Some of the others in that side weren't always on his wavelength though.

Loved Ken Tyler though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Harry Wilson
maybe not the best but plenty of personality

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Des Tennant. You wouldn't want to be the opposition outside left! He's probably my favourite because of the noise of his tackles, which were only taking place about 10 or 15 feet away. Think surround sound with a sub woofer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here