Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes appreciations thread

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just to separate some "thank you" messages from all the other stuff.

Thanks, Ashley. You did a great job for the club. Seldom gave less than 100%. May not have been the most prolific striker, but an attacking threat nevertheless and put an excellent shift to assist in defence.

I do believe your form had been on an upward trend recently and personally I'm sorry to see you go.

Good luck oop north! Pack your thermals ... and your passport.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I will remember him as a player with an insane level of determination and will to win. You can tell he works his arse off to make the most of his talent, compared to more talented players who don't apply themselves enough.

Thanks for everything Ash, good luck, and you'll always get a good reception from me.

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Yeah, thanks for all your hard work Ashley - you'll certainly be missed in my particular area of WSU.

One of the most undervalued players we've had I think - particularly under Poyet when he never knew which area of the pitch he'd be asked to patrol next!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the man had commitment
thanks Ash

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Always gave his best - sad to see him go.

Keep on working hard and don't let the vocal moaners get you down.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
All the very best Ash, please don't score against us in the play-off final. Thanks for everything and good luck!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't get to see him in the flesh as much as other albion fans (Birmingham @ home 2012 was my last match) but each time i saw him in our first Amex season you knew he really cared and wanted to win; regardless of whether he was out wide or through the middle.

Good luck Ashley, hope you do well up there...but don't come back to haunt us this year :(

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Disappointed to see him go as I believe there is more to come from him, however he deserves a new challenge and this move could be just the thing he needs. He has played an important part in our transition history and I will look back and remember him for this, and for tripping the ref.

I wish him good luck and will follow his progress with interest.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Really disappointed to see a player go who is still improving, but business is business. Good luck Ash, you've earned it with the effort you have put in for us :thumbsup:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thanks Ash. Rare to see a player put in so much effort, and just as rare to see one go on improving at such a rate. Hope you go on to have a great career.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
One of my favourite players ever.

Gutted.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
A great servant to this club. Always gave 100% and despite 1 or 2 "momentary lapses in reason" was a consummate hardworking professional. Hope we have a clause that he cannot play on a certain Tuesday night later this month........

All the best Ashley!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I will remember him as a player with an insane level of determination and will to win. You can tell he works his arse off to make the most of his talent, compared to more talented players who don't apply themselves enough.

Thanks for everything Ash, good luck, and you'll always get a good reception from me.

Perfectly put.....

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
One of the bravest players I have seen in 39 years of watching the Albion. hard worker, not the very best % finisher, but worked as hard as anyone else over the last 3 years, and took us from where we were to where we are now. He would have signed a new contract if he knew he was going to get more game time, but we cannot guarantee that, so it's a fair and amicable parting.

Just hopes he doesn't get on the pitch on the 28th January - or maybe I hope he does, because he would be replacing Ings or Vokes, so he might be less of a danger!

Wedgee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here