Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reception for Bridcutt tomorrow

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If Liam plays tomorrow (and he should in my opinion) what sort of reception is he going to get?

I remember at Watford when it looked like Elliot Bennett was on his way that he got a great reception which must have helped him decide to see the season out with us.

With lots of JCL's can we expect the same tomorrow?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It depends if he decides to tackle this week. Another display of pulling out and not getting involved will not go down well with me. He's a Brighton player, he's under contract and we don't want to sell him. He's a good lad and I hope he respects that and works his bollocks off, like he has over the past few years. If you want to play in the Premiership, Liam, go up with us this season. He'll get Prem offers in the summer anyway.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Best to play Ince who will be on a high after signing the new contract, that and he is on form - unlike Bridcutt.

Cant see Bridcutt featuring for a good few games - even if he stays.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Don't know if he will be or not, but if he is, I won't be as shocked or surprised as others seem to be. Above all, he is a professional footballer who has a job to do.

Players have handed requests in and continued to play in the past, and they will again in the future. I don't see Bridcutt being any different to any others.

It's a judgement call from the coaching staff, they'd have spent the last few days with him, so they'd know better than anyone his state of mind.

Edit: and if he is selected, I'd clap and cheer him like any other game.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
If he plays, will get the usual reception from me. Terrific player for us and one I hope stays. If we have aspirations of playoffs then he is key to it even with Ince (say Ince gets injured or sent off tomorrow)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
DEFINITELY shouldn't play.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
On current form he wouldn't get in my team at the moment. However if he does play he'll get the same reception from me. He's done a great job here and I do not begrudge him a move to a premier league club should that actually transpire.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
If he does play or atleast gets in the squad and has his name read out, I hope he gets a good round of applause.

What has the JCL's got to do with anything? They seem to get alot of attention on here ??? Im glad we got them to fill out 28,000 every week, no other Championship club gets the attendance we do, and its all local fans.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If he plays, will get the usual reception from me. Terrific player for us and one I hope stays. If we have aspirations of playoffs then he is key to it even with Ince (say Ince gets injured or sent off tomorrow)

Given his performance the last time he played I'm not sure he'd be of great use.. If his heart isn't in it he will be 50% of the player he was before.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I can't see him being selected but if he is he'll get my full support and hopefully have a good game. How much of him being out of form is down to him eying a move away and how much is down to him still finding his feet under Oscar's system as he's been out injured for so long?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Best to play Ince who will be on a high after signing the new contract, that and he is on form - unlike Bridcutt.

Cant see Bridcutt featuring for a good few games - even if he stays.

Totally agree. Ince will be eager to impress further, Bridcutt will be thinking of other things.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He won't play. Not just because he's unsettled but also because on form Ince and Andrews are ahead of him.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
his head was being swayed by Gus, now that the club have said no. he can move on and go back to how he was, prior to the last game he was getting back to his best, no reason now why he cant get back to his best and at his best, he is the key to our success and with Ince we would be formidable (IMHO)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not sure he'll make the side tomorrow, but he will have my full backing as usual if he does.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We can only play the players who are learning to play the Oscar way, and each game is about preperation for the next game. At best he could be on the bench to come on if really needed but not just for the sake of it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is he getting married then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports