Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's so attractive about Burnley?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
...Apart from the huge wages they apparently pay up there.

Any ideas?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Easy to be the most handsome, articulate, stylish and intelligent bloke in the local area overnight.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
They also want him. A lot. That must count for something, having been courted for months by a club which is now sitting in an automatic promotion place.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
You have to give Burnley credit for being a football mad town. Population of 87,000 with plenty of alternatives including the two Manchester clubs less than an hour away. It is amazing that they can compete at this level. Especially having watched Blackburn go through their Jack Walker phase.

This season I hope we beat everyone, but take us out of the equation and I would be quite happy to see Burnley and Derby do well, especially if it left Harry and his bare bones high and dry. Leicester would be another I could enjoy a near miss for, Forest if only to finally enjoy a Billy Preston post match interview.

On the QPR front I suspect they could well cock up this season, but I have a feeling West Ham will parachute Harry out of there, long before anything can stain his teflon coat.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Back in the 70's it wasn't a bad town but I don't think anywhere in the UK has seen such a decline in the standard of life.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wooden seats were enough to take Murray to crumbling 18th Century Shithurst Park. Turf Moor offers the same. Maybe our strikers are just attracted to wood and Bloom fugged up by putting luxury padded seats in at the Amex instead of going for Scots pine.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If he stayed here he knows he'd likely be third choice behind Ulloa and CMS (when fit) and is aware that he doesn't have the full backing of the fans. The question is what's so attractive about staying here?

So he will be first choice in front of Vokes and Ings ??? I think not somehow, it's all about money I'm afraid and Burnley are gambling big time to reach the promised land this season

algarve larry

Banned
Jan 9, 2014
Get the impression there is a lot of jealousy directed towards a town with a great Football Club at it heart, and a set of supporters who get behind their team, and don't single out players for personal abuse, as it tends to motivate them not to renew contracts

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They stand a better shout of promotion than us.

This has only been improved, at our expense with the sale of Barnes.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Lot's of great places to live within easy commuting distance, the club has some tradition, he's going to get a bit more money, they're in the play-offs, life is short. May as well give it a good go and see what happens eh?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Not only does he substantially improve his pay packet, but the relocation means his cost of living will dramatically decrease when compared with Brighton and the south east. All in all he will have an awful lot more money to play with, helping to secure his family's future comfort.

I ****ing LOVE Brighton but if somebody offered me a serious wedge to go and work up north for a few years (and remember, a footballer's playing career isn't very long) I'd take the money knowing that it wasn't forever and the savings I make could set me up for the future when I return to glorious Sussex by the sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here