Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer window

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone else think it should be scrapped? I think all permanent transfers should be made in the close season. Clubs choose their squads for the following season and that should be it, apart from loan signings. Why should some teams be able to strengthen their squad or other teams lose valuable players half way through the campaign?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Totally agree....really unsettles whole clubs, and basically says, "if you're bad at football or management, then you can buy again to save yourself."

I would even scrap the loan system. An A team, B team and Youth team is by far enough.

Success would taste much sweeter this way, and poor performance more clear.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I'll third that.
Would make for a much more even playing field than some of the other ideas,
(good players wouldn't sign for a team with 20 superstars where they aren't likely to get much game time)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's disruptive. Have a good half season & the vultures flock, players get their heads turned and get unsettled and it's even worse if you lose a prized asset with no time to replace them.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
How else would Manure get out of their predicament? It will never happen. In fact I understand from very reliable sources that this end of January window will be extended until such time as Manure buy enough players to force their way into the top 4!

TNBA

TTF

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do none of you remember what it was like prior to the window. Transfer deadline day in March and anytime up until that point you could lose your star player. At least this way you keep players you might otherwise lose until Jan and only have to fend off offers for 31 days. Not ideal but much better than it was.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Do none of you remember what it was like prior to the window. Transfer deadline day in March and anytime up until that point you could lose your star player. At least this way you keep players you might otherwise lose until Jan and only have to fend off offers for 31 days. Not ideal but much better than it was.

But at least if you lost your star player in December you had time to buy a replacement!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
But then you would have Burnley giving us a million pound to take Barnes 'on loan' till the end of the season and then he signs for free in the summer. Teams would easily get round it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

It is better, but I'm still not a fan of the way the season is disrupted like this every January. Prefer the idea that each club chooses their players for the season and then have to stick with it (with obviously the option of getting players in on loan if needed).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here