Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Personal car leasing

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just about to leave my current job where I get a company car and start a new job where I will receive a car allowance instead. For ease I'm just looking at leasing a car for the next 2/3 years as I may get a company car again in the future. Having never done this before, does anyone on here know of a car leasing firm they would recommend from experience?

Look at Contract Hire and Leasing dot com ( http://www.contracthireandleasing.com )

You can select the option of Personal lease deals and these are open to anyone, currently organising a lease car for my mum who is a pensioner. Small deposit and low monthly payments, cheaper than any of the local dealers could do on a PCP finance deal.

For example, a brand new Ford Fiesta Zetec can be on your drive for around £750 deposit and £125 a month.

Lots of vehicles and companies can be compared side by side on that site - the Fiesta is just an example.

I'm not connected to it in anyway, but my brother-in-law who works in the motor trade recommended it. He says anyone walking into a dealer saying they've been on the site causes salesmen to weep as they can't beat the deals and matching them cuts out every scrap of profit from the deal.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just about to leave my current job where I get a company car and start a new job where I will receive a car allowance instead. For ease I'm just looking at leasing a car for the next 2/3 years as I may get a company car again in the future. Having never done this before, does anyone on here know of a car leasing firm they would recommend from experience?

I've been doing this for 10 years or so now, works a treat. I've tended to use PCP deals, these tend work in your favour if you go for a quality brand that has a good resale value, typically this is the German makes. These days the garages are desparate for your busines so you can do a good deal with them in the first place on the car, then the same on the finance. The last two cars I've had, Audi beat the best finance deals I got elsewhere with finance companies and banks, likewise my wifes Mini.

It's a fact of life that it's not such a good deal on brands like Kia, Hyundai, Peugeot, Renault, Vauxhall, Ford etc. It's all about the value of the car at the end of the term, in simple terms, if it's a £20K car and in 3 years the garage agrees it will be worth £5K, then you effectively finance £15K. If the garage agrees the car will be worth £7.5K, then you effectively finance only £12.5K.

It can (and does) work out that a Mondeo with a ticket price lower than that of say a VW will actually cost you more a month to finance. Best thing is to work out how much your allowance is, take into account HMRCs cut, and adjust your tax code to take off your previous comany car tax, once you know exactly what you have to play with, choose your garage, and tell them that's what you have to spend a month.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Look at Contract Hire and Leasing dot com ( http://www.contracthireandleasing.com )

You can select the option of Personal lease deals and these are open to anyone, currently organising a lease car for my mum who is a pensioner. Small deposit and low monthly payments, cheaper than any of the local dealers could do on a PCP finance deal.

For example, a brand new Ford Fiesta Zetec can be on your drive for around £750 deposit and £125 a month.

Lots of vehicles and companies can be compared side by side on that site - the Fiesta is just an example.

I'm not connected to it in anyway, but my brother-in-law who works in the motor trade recommended it. He says anyone walking into a dealer saying they've been on the site causes salesmen to weep as they can't beat the deals and matching them cuts out every scrap of profit from the deal.

Im sorry but most of this is absolute cobblers!
For the OP, first work out what car/cars will be if interest and then go and speak to a couple of dealers... Avoid the internet companies at all costs!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not had personal experience but a colleague purchased through lingscars. Website looks mad but he thought they gave the best deal.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Not had personal experience but a colleague purchased through lingscars. Website looks mad but he thought they gave the best deal.

Through business associates who actually knows Ling, I have heard she is as nutty as a fruitcake but is actually a very clever business woman. I would advise anybody to look at the site if only for a laugh, everything with her is marketing.

http://www.lingscars.com

They do have some cracking deals though but always best to shop around, seriously though check out the link. At least you will laugh

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here