[Official Site] Obika: No Time Like the Present

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
obika-sign-090114-ld229-1284301_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
15:52 9th January 2014
by Adam Tighe
There is no time like the present, so I am looking forward to this loan spell and looking to hit the ground running"
Jon Obika
New signing Jon Obika is looking to make an instant impact at Albion after finally joining the south-coast club.
The forward has signed a 93-day long loan deal with the Seagulls and says he is eager to grab his chance after missing out on a move to the Amex earlier this season.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “There is no time like the present, so I am looking forward to this loan spell and looking to hit the ground running.*
“I am pleased because previously I could have come down here before but because of an injury I couldn’t.
“It was the day before I was about to sign. I had an unfortunate injury which I probably should have rested but now I have had the rehabilitation and I am fit and ready. The rest was needed for me to be here now.”
Obika also admitted that the chance to link up with assistant head coach Nathan Jones played a part in his decision after working with the Welshman at Yeovil Town during a previous loan spell. *
“I know Nathan very well, I speak to him from time-to-time and love his philosophy on the training ground.*
“When I was at Yeovil he gave me a lot of confidence to go on to be the player I am today. He is a great coach and a great person as well.”*
The 23-year-old joined in with his first training session this morning just three days after scoring six times for Tottenham Hotspur’s under-21 side against Charlton in a 10-6 victory.
“It was good to train today, meet the boys and all the coaching staff, *so now I am looking forward to Saturday.*
“We did a lot of finishing and possession play, similar to what we do at Tottenham.
“It was a strange game [at Charlton] but it was good I had my shooting boots on. It was nice to see the old boys as I have had a loan spell there as well. I am just happy to be back and scoring goals.”*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here