Start of you Albion love affair?

WHICH PERIOD DID YOU START WATCHING THE ALBION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Neither have the 50's for proper long term supporters though, just JCL's.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Towards the end of the 1983/84 season, April sounds about right, a rescheduled evening match v. Carlisle United. We won 4-1 and l have been hooked ever since.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
See earlier thread. :whistle:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Neither have the 50's for proper long term supporters though, just JCL's.

this
and in your rush to mimic another's poll you missed out the r in YOUR

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
First game was in '89 for me. Four years old and I had to held by my Dad for the full 90 because I couldn't see a damn thing.

Same as.

3-0 against Blackburn in March

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
07 May 1988 - Brighton and Hove Albion v Bristol Rovers W 2-1 (League Division Three)

Was about 5 or 6 and remember there being a pitch invasion at the end of the game. Saw me and my old man on the TV highlights when I got home holding my scarf upside down :facepalm:

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm told it was Notts County September 1971 as a birthday treat

but the very first game I remember was the 7-1 thrasing of Hillingdon in the cup from the same season

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Mid-70's, just before we started our rise to the top flight. Those were the days.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
For me early70s. Before that only played the game then got asked to sell some tickets for I think Horsham v Jimmy Hill 11 and got a free ticket to that game, as I had sold most of my tickets to mates we had a great evening, one of the friends used to take the Supporters bus from Horsham so I went along and that was it I was one of the wipper snappers that used to be down the front of the North stand until I was big enough to move up with the big boys. Remember learning very early on to have a dislike for Palace and the fights on the way back to Hove station if I took the train. Also the excitement when you knew match of the day was filming and we could watch the game that evening. Funny thing is I don't remember loosing a lot of games well at least until Teddy Maybank turned up and that was my first experience of slagging off one of our own.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here