Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could keep one of Barnes and Bridcutt - who would it be?

Which player would you keep?

• Barnes

Votes: 155 68.6%
  • Bridcutt

Votes: 71 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Neither.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bridcutt. He would still have a sell-on value. Barnes won't by the summer.

Also, people are being slightly revisionist about things. Bridcutt has walked player of the year two seasons in a row. OK, he hasn't been great since returning from injury, but that probably has as much to do with getting back to top match fitness than any lack of professionalism.

One has handed in a transfer request, one has not signed a new deal. I think it is reasonable to assume neither is 100 per cent dedicated to the Albion at the moment.

I would sell both. But if I had to chose which to keep, it would be the better player with the higher value, and that is Bridcutt.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Curiously - Barnes. NOt even sure I can believe that is what I think now but it is!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
let me see..... the man thats been player of the season for 2 years....

or

Someone that actually now everyone is getting close to fitness wont make the starting 11.....

Some people are head mental !

Assuming both are happy to stay is the key.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Barnes. In OG's system he is the far more valuable player IMO. He really has stepped up this season and I must admit I'll be gutted to see him go if that's what he decides to do.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Losing Barnes could easily cost us promotion this season but I don't think losing Bridders would. On the other hand Barnes value goes to zero at the end if the season.

Very tough call - but I'd give up the Barnes money and gamble on promotion.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
With CMS and Hoskins on the sidelines if Ulloa gets injured/suspended then without Barnes we'll only have Obika. So at this moment it has to be Barnes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bridcutt , we can sell him in the summer , cannot do that with Barnes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
For their value to the squad now(with Obika) i'd much rather keep Barnes and risk letting him go for free in the summer

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Depends if Oscar has the cash to spend on a replacement. If so i think he could find us a better forward than Barnes from somewhere for the money so Bridcutt. If not and he does not get it to spend then we need to keep Barnes really

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Barnes, based on the observation many have made that Bridcutt doesnt quite suit Garcia's way. that might be a reason for drop in form as much as injury or interest elsewhere, before he was a pivot, now he is another central midfielder. very disappointing to see either leave though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is no one capable of making the assumption that in a hypothetical poll, keeping Barnes would also mean he's signed a new contract?

Come on people, we don't always have to be completely literal.

I'd say Barnes*.

*that he hypothetically signs a new contract...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
We've hardly had Bridcutt this season because of injury and when he has played he hasn't looked great and look at the table.

I think the work Barnes does upfront will be missed more than the work Bridcutt does, even if bridders is the better player.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We have Ince to replace Bridcutt.

Who do we have to replace Barnes?

Barnes for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here