Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Peru World Cup stars who almost joined the Albion

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Fascinating blog from the wonderful Goldstone Wrap website about how Brighton almost signed a pair of Peruvians.

Worth a read. CLICK HERE

Cracking find Walt.
It was the Vicente saga of it's time.
I had that panini sticker from the previous year so he was de facto my hero when the news broke.
The Muhren/Thyssen (sp?) of the Albion but a lot swarthier and more exotic.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Cracking find Walt.
It was the Vicente saga of it's time.
I had that panini sticker from the previous year so he was de facto my hero when the news broke.
The Muhren/Thyssen (sp?) of the Albion but a lot swarthier and more exotic.

It is a great website, updated regularly, and worth repeat visits. A real gem.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your positive words. It's such a pleasure to hear such praise for the blog.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Great post. I remember Albion's interest in the Peruvian pair being mentioned after the '78 World Cup.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Great post. I remember Albion's interest in the Peruvian pair being mentioned after the '78 World Cup.

my mate and I used to go out of our way to try and see them at lunchtimes .....unfortunately we only ever saw Frankie Howard mowing the pitch

those were the days

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate your positive words. It's such a pleasure to hear such praise for the blog.

And more praise from me.

Thanks for the photo of Johnny Goodchild yesterday, is he playing for Sunderland in that photo?

Well done that man, Carry on.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was working at the greyhound stadium at the time and remember watching the friendly with Bournemouth.

Did the Albion frequently play practice games there?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No, that is the only friendly that I recall, although they did train there once in a while...a foul mouthed bunch, pretty much all of them!

So you must be one of the very few Albion supporters to see these World Cup stars play for us. Do you remember much of their performances?

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
So you must be one of the very few Albion supporters to see these World Cup stars play for us. Do you remember much of their performances?

No, unfortunately I dont. I do remember it was a draw but thats about it...it was all supposed to be very "hush-hush", but the argus got wind of it and were taking photos through the back gate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here