Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt Out and Jed Wallace In

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A lot of people were underwhelmed when we signed Bridcutt, let's hope he's a similar success (if he comes in)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's definitely very highly rated, is Wallace. I've not seen anything of him first hand to know if he lives up to the hype, or not.

If he does sign, I hope its because he is good enough now to make a difference, rather than 'one for the future'. If we want one for the future I'd rather it was one of the lads we already have, who are patiently waiting for opportunities.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's definitely very highly rated, is Wallace. I've not seen anything of him first hand to know if he lives up to the hype, or not.

If he does sign, I hope its because he is good enough now to make a difference, rather than 'one for the future'. If we want one for the future I'd rather it was one of the lads we already have, who are patiently waiting for opportunities.

I'd hope so too, for his sake. I don't think he'd particularly enjoy playing week in week out for Pompey (though who would) to then going and sitting in the DS until needed.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Is that because he's good though, or because Pompey fans are so desperate, given their current predicament (snigger) that they'll talk up anyone who even vaguely stands out in their appalling side?

I mean, is winning Pompey's player of the month award a bit like taking the title of World's Tallest Dwarf?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He looked a class apart in their televised game at Plymouth. Mind you, he would have to to justify interest from a Championship club. Definitely worth a punt if they are not looking for too much. (Wouldn't want to pay more than a few hundred thousand.)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
He looked a class apart in their televised game at Plymouth. Mind you, he would have to to justify interest from a Championship club. Definitely worth a punt if they are not looking for too much. (Wouldn't want to pay more than a few hundred thousand.)

Pretty sure we made an offer for a few hundred thousand last summer or last January but it was turned down.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have been linked with the lad for a long time but genuinely can't see us bringing him in now when we have such a strong and established central midfield. If we brought in a more attacking midfielder (the role we need most and for which Bridcutt looks unsuited) I've a feeling it would be someone from outside the English leagues.
That said I think we are most likely to go with what we've got.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's playing at a poor standard, in a team that's just awful. I'm sure the scouts know what they're doing but it'd be quite a gamble and surely he'd be one for the DS rather than the first team.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Strong rumours that this is happening, following Crofts injury rather than Bridcutt leaving. He's turned down a second contract offer from Pompey today.

Personally in JFC and March I think we've got enough potential and that we need a here and now.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Spoke to a Pompey fan I know on Saturday who goes to most games and asked him about Wallace. He said he had been really disappointing this season and hadn't kicked on at all from the promise of last season.

Second season syndrome maybe as they were really hopeful about him last year and to be honest it can't be a great place for a kid to play at the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Spoke to a Pompey fan I know on Saturday who goes to most games and asked him about Wallace. He said he had been really disappointing this season and hadn't kicked on at all from the promise of last season.

Second season syndrome maybe as they were really hopeful about him last year and to be honest it can't be a great place for a kid to play at the moment.

could get him reasonably cheaply then?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brian Owen ‏@Brian__Owen 2m
If I've read that [MENTION=14211]Phil[/MENTION]wallace2006 tweet right, rising star Jed Wallace of Pompey has turned out to support Whitehawk at Basingstoke tonight

Dec 29, 2011
Any news on Jed Wallace? Seemed like he wanted to come here a few months ago, it all went quiet over the transfer window. Is he out of contract in the summer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here