Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA, Bridcutt and Poyet ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Are the club deliberately playing hardball with Bridcutt because of the way Poyet left the club ?

I reckon if any other team came in for him, we would accept their offer.

Because Poyet is involved I reckon we are putting up as many barriers as possible.

Thoughts ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Oh goodie. Another Bridcutt thread.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its business, there s no emotion involved. Poyet has been out manoeuvred by TB, Holloway and now he s back for more, its about the best deal we can get and if Sunderland have not met our valuation then they won't have what they want. Who s missing LB at the moment, us or Sunderland? Its all froth.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Are the club deliberately playing hardball with Bridcutt because of the way Poyet left the club ?

Because Poyet is involved I reckon we are putting up as many barriers as possible.

Thoughts ?

Depends what the offer is

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have probably mis-read it, but I thought one of Andy Naylors tweets alluded to the fact, that Poyets sacking and 'poaching' players were connected.

Aug 23, 2011

Thoughts ?

No not really. It's early in the transfer window and we'd be mad to accept the first offer as we're not in a position of needing to sell.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Does this really need another thread..all being discussed on the other ..3..4..etc
(no offence meant Wookie)

Thought I would start a new thread because of the reasons we have turned down the transfer request and how Poyet' a departure in the summer has probably influenced that decision ?

Separate discussion to the Bridcutt leaving thread .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The negotiations, so far, have followed the same pattern as Elliott Bennett to Norwich, so I don't think personalties have come into it.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Thought I would start a new thread because of the reasons we have turned down the transfer request and how Poyet' a departure in the summer has probably influenced that decision ?

Separate discussion to the Bridcutt leaving thread .

Rightly so. was thinking that myself, it's a separate discussion. Disagree though that that will be influencing Bloom's decision. Offer the right money and Bloom will let Bridcutt talk. Simple.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Probably using Daniel Levy as a role model in transfer talks, and looking to get every last penny regardless of club or manager involved.

I have probably mis-read it, but I thought one of Andy Naylors tweets alluded to the fact, that Poyets sacking and 'poaching' players were connected.

Reading a quote from a related thread last ite mentioned poyet tellingayers he was gonna take with him..this leading to gross misconduct; which makes sence! More so when he was asked last nite about the bridcutt situation he made out that he knew nothing but he's the worst actor i've seen since ashley young took his last dive!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
IMO poyet's Sunderland are the only club who have bid for Bridcutt, BHA turned it down, Bridcutt was pissed off so he hands in a transfer request, because of who has bid, BHA turn down bridcutts request. IMO just to piss Poyet off

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Thoughts ?

There was a story in fairly common currency last season that when Gus was talking to Reading he told certain players who were under contract that he would take them with him to the EPL.This might be supposed to be an action tantamount to gross misconduct by some

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
IMO poyet's Sunderland are the only club who have bid for Bridcutt, BHA turned it down, Bridcutt was pissed off so he hands in a transfer request, because of who has bid, BHA turn down bridcutts request. IMO just to piss Poyet off

Palace bid for Bridcutt in August. The club turned it down. Conspiracies abound.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here