Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United States of Europe....Is this what you want?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a coincidence. I was just thinking we needed yet another thread on the EU.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
UKIP will use it to their advantage.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The plan has ALWAYS been a US of E - Ted Health admitted it years ago.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Basically love or hate the EU, if you are an employee of any company or at least not the top boss. Many of the rights to time off, parental leave rights, maternity leave , holiday pay, wrongful dismissal compensation, maximum working hours, etc etc are all EU laws that are there to protect workers. The uk does have its own laws on these issues but they are vastly inferior and the EU are pushing and extending these all the time, also upholding them in their courts. If we ever left the EU, these rights and many others would disappear helping the race to the bottom on wages that we currently have. So in my mind, the EU can do its worst on united states of Europe and let Romanian gypsies in. My working conditions are vastly better as a result of my employer having to conform with EU employment laws. Many of the 'white van man' and working man on the street, cry about the EU all the time, unaware that their rights as workers are being protected and improved by the EU.

So if you want out of the EU, I say... Be careful what you wish for!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It was a silly joke I know,but someone would have said it :)

:bigwave:

I guess so...........................:kiss:................but I seriously want our country to decide it's own fate and I guess, perhaps naively, NSC members may have thought that too........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Basically love or hate the eu, if you are an employee of any company or at least not the top boss. Many of the rights to time off, parental leave rights, maternity leave , holiday pay, wrongful dismissal compensation, maximum working hours, etc etc are all EU laws that are there to protect workers. The uk does have its own laws on these issues but they are vastly inferior and the EU are pushing and extending these all the time, also upholding them in their courts. If we ever left the EU, these rights and many others would disappear helping the race to the bottom on wages that we currently have. So in my mind, the EU can do its worst on united states of Europe and let Romanian gypsies in. My working conditions are vastly better as a result of my employer having to conform with EU employment laws. Many of the 'white van man' and working man on the street, cry about the EU all the time, unaware that their rights as workers are being protected and improved by the EU.

So be careful what you wish for.

A statement without an ounce of proof ( rather than a gram ! ).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Basically love or hate the eu, if you are an employee of any company or at least not the top boss. Many of the rights to time off, parental leave rights, maternity leave , holiday pay, wrongful dismissal compensation, maximum working hours, etc etc are all EU laws that are there to protect workers. The uk does have its own laws on these issues but they are vastly inferior and the EU are pushing and extending these all the time, also upholding them in their courts. If we ever left the EU, these rights and many others would disappear helping the race to the bottom on wages that we currently have. So in my mind, the EU can do its worst on united states of Europe and let Romanian gypsies in. My working conditions are vastly better as a result of my employer having to conform with EU employment laws. Many of the 'white van man' and working man on the street, cry about the EU all the time, unaware that their rights as workers are being protected and improved by the EU.

So be careful what you wish for.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here