Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Found A Wallet

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Found a wallet today laying in the road. Couldn't have been there long as it was bloody obvious. Contains cards, driving licence, bus pass and £40 cash. The bus pass had a photo of the old boy and so I had a quick scout round to see if I could find him, no luck. Found his address and landline number to which I have left a message. Address is down West Country so can't pop it round.

Against each card in the wallet is his PIN number scribed in biro.

Although I would never have done it it crossed my mind:

1. Pocket the cash and ditch the wallet
2. Pocket the cash and post him what's left
3. Clear out his bank account using the PIN numbers

What would you do and be honest....

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Hand it in. Left my wallet on the bus the other year and phoned Brighton and hove buses the next day to enquire and no one had handed in, week later I received a letter saying my wallet had been handed in, went down and collocated my wallet and all my cards were still there and my £70. I asked who had handed it in as wanted to give them a drink but they didn't know.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Burgle him as you know he is currently away, clear out his bank accounts and keep the cash.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Send the wallet home as I found it.

Shouldn't be much of a debate surely? *waits for the 10 page binfest*

Dec 29, 2011
He was an old man? Probably just send it back. If he looked well off, I think the wallet only had £20, if you know what I mean.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
If you're going to immoral you may as well do it properly, number 3! Thankfully I have a conscience, I'd hand it straight it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm quite well know for losing wallets and have been on the receiving end of some very generous people. I'd do my best to ensure the owner got his wallet back intact.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Found a wallet today laying in the road. Couldn't have been there long as it was bloody obvious. Contains cards, driving licence, bus pass and £40 cash. The bus pass had a photo of the old boy and so I had a quick scout round to see if I could find him, no luck. Found his address and landline number to which I have left a message. Address is down West Country so can't pop it round.

Then I wouldn't do any of the 3!

(not that I would if I hadn't rung him first)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hand it in. Left my wallet on the bus the other year and phoned Brighton and hove buses the next day to enquire and no one had handed in, week later I received a letter saying my wallet had been handed in, went down and collocated my wallet and all my cards were still there and my £70. I asked who had handed it in as wanted to give them a drink but they didn't know.
This. I lost my wallet about a month ago and it really is a hassle. Thankfully it got handed in and I picked it up later that day, but if you lose it you have to cancel the cards, get a new drivers licence etc etc.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I would also inform the police if he doesn't respond quickly. You never know, he may have been mugged/assaulted/worse and finding the wallet could be important.

You can, of course, let him know what you have done as you have his contact details.

Shame all people aren't like you, but I like to think most are.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Send the wallet home, and hopefully receive some good karma if you ever do the same.

I once lost a wallet with just my bank card, £100 in cash, and my work ID in it when I went to Glastonbury which I thought would be gone forever, well the cash at least. I received a package at work about 8 weeks later with the wallet, card, and ID sent to my the Glastonbury Festivals. The cash had been replaced by a cheque for the same amount signed by Mr Eavis himself.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
SEND it back to ERNEST.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Phone and send it back without a shadow.... However.....

I know for a fact in my younger days curiosity would have got the better of me and I would have checked his balances and if... if he was minted I may well have cleaned him out. Its the truth and yes I am ashamed to say it, so you can burn me now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

JAMIE him.

We can pay for all the pizzas and skips with his own cards :thumbsup:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I lost my wallet at Old Trafford when we played Man United in the FA Cup in 1993. Amazingly, it was returned to me. Someone handed it in to the club, they found my Albion membership card and posted it to Brighton. As I was on the supporter's database, the Albion were able to send it to me. Proof that not all Man U fans are ***** (the money in the wallet had gone though!)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Definitely number 3, he's got to learn a lesson on PIN security.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Why are you even contemplating being a thief, take it back for FFS rather than posting it on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here