Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Johnson stands down from FA equality panel.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He didn't have much choice really. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here. I hope he does not disappear and continues to campaign for equality on all levels.

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
I also find this very odd, I thought when I read the article in the Guardian that it was very poor, sensationalist journalism....a person, who is a christian, was put on the spot and asked about his view on homosexuality...he replies that the bible says it is detestable. Not "i think gays are detestable" but quoting what the bible says. He also apologised, said that he didn't hold those views anymore and has re educated himself. As the poster above me has said, this surely is what we want people to be doing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I also find this very odd, I thought when I read the article in the Guardian that it was very poor, sensationalist journalism....a person, who is a christian, was put on the spot and asked about his view on homosexuality...he replies that the bible says it is detestable. Not "i think gays are detestable" but quoting what the bible says. He also apologised, said that he didn't hold those views anymore and has re educated himself. As the poster above me has said, this surely is what we want people to be doing.

Whilst he might have changed his view his position is untenable because the issue over his very recent views will, rightly or wrongly, detract from the work he is expected to do. It's a public position and at the moment this issue will cloud any message he tries to get across. It's currently an unworkable situation. If he is sincere about changing his view and continuing this work then I hope he does. If he was to re-apply for the post with a number of years of campaigning under his belt then he would be a very valuable member. Sadly, now is not the time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe he couldn't get on with Graham Le Saux for some reason......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here