Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Liam for the memories....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Reasonable player but there are plenty in the top two divisions in this country who can play his role just as well. If it's a choice between Liam Bridcutt in an Albion side that no longer suits him or £3m+ in the bank then I'd choose the latter every time. I don't feel any anger towards him, but I doubt he'll go on to have a career that is any better than where we'll be as a club for the next 5-10 years.

You are incredible, just can't bring yourself to give him any praise.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Has been a fantastic player for the past 3 and half seasons, fully deserves his chance in the premiership, but cant believe he would want to go to Sunderland to achieve it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Shame he can't wait 4 months to see where we end up.

Serve him right if we go up and swap places with Sunderland.

Hopefully Sunderland will drop Wolves like through the leagues.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I guess he's been buried then (though I believe he's still very much alive)! As supaseagull has pointed out Liam has put in a transfer request...not left. And though he very likely will, it will be with Tony Bloom timing and only then if there's enough ackers on the table. He's under contract and stays here until the club let him go surely.
I would agree he will need to move on now his heart is somewhere else.....but to Gus? What if Black Cats get demoted and Gus loses his job or more likely weasels off somewhere else. Will Liam think he has Carte Blanche to follow him just by putting himself on the transfer list?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know servant has a broad range and by definition is correct, but I do think it looks out of place in football, certainly at the upper end when talking about well paid players who have been around for a handful of years and not seen out a contract.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Players come and go.That is the nature of the beast.
What do you do as a player?
Trust in your ability,stay loyal,hope that the new manager wants your services and still possibly end up in the reserves?
Give it a go at a higher level where if you have a few decent games in even a relegated side you might catch the eye of another Premiership manager?

Football is very fickle and very ruthless.
Players,coaches,managers jump from club to club.

Only fans stay loyal.
Fans are the dogs of the football world.
They may growl at their masters,but they seldom bite.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well I guess he's been buried then (though I believe he's still very much alive)! As supaseagull has pointed out Liam has put in a transfer request...not left. And though he very likely will, it will be with Tony Bloom timing and only then if there's enough ackers on the table. He's under contract and stays here until the club let him go surely.
I would agree he will need to move on now his heart is somewhere else.....but to Gus? What if Black Cats get demoted and Gus loses his job or more likely weasels off somewhere else. Will Liam think he has Carte Blanche to follow him just by putting himself on the transfer list?

I still think TB wanted 5M. I think that because Sunderland only offered 2.5M and that was turned down, then Liam/Sunderland are trying to force TB's hand.
5M and Liam would have been gone.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I know servant has a broad range and by definition is correct, but I do think it looks out of place in football, certainly at the upper end when talking about well paid players who have been around for a handful of years and not seen out a contract.

Unfortunately as you'll be aware they extend their contracts long before there completion to give themselves an instant pay rise. Then conveniently forget any commitment they've made to suit themselves. IMO and in an ideal world players should be duty bound to see out their contracts. They are in the main past taking the pizz now. And this is not directed at Liam, he is just following suit, no doubt with his Agent in close attendance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here