The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
3 million rising to 3.5 million

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In case you are representing sunderland and plan on finding out an average acceptable offer from the fans on here... £100m

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Liam bridcutt is completely over rated.
He's great at what he does, but what he does isn't great. A very very limited player.
His style of play is simply not conducive to winning football matches, unless he's playing with a gazza-like attacking midfielder. He isn't at brighton, and he won't be at Sunderland.
I wouldn't pay more than £750k for him, but I'd imagine he'll go for a lot more. Maybe 2.5.
Rohan ince is a far more exciting prospect, as he can attack too.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Possibly £5 Million , but seeing as he's put himself in the shop window we'd be lucky to get anything above £4 Million for him.

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
He's great at what he does, but what he does isn't great. A very very limited player.
His style of play is simply not conducive to winning football matches, unless he's playing with a gazza-like attacking midfielder. He isn't at brighton, and he won't be at Sunderland.
I wouldn't pay more than £750k for him, but I'd imagine he'll go for a lot more. Maybe 2.5.

He's great at what he does.......yeah yeah erm but what he does isn't great. Oh. Oooookay then

Aug 23, 2011
I wouldn't pay more than 2 mill for him, but I'd imagine he'll go for more.

You need a team with different attributes to succeed. Man utd a few years ago were doing well with more "grafters" in their team than "flair" players. It's all about balance

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Since the sale of Connor Wickham....somewhere around £5m.

:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Over £3m would be a good deal, if we are being realistic

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How much did palarse offer in the summer?
How much are sunderland reported to be offering now?
Given that fees are usually inflated in the January window they should at least pay the palace offer plus some.

My guess is the fee should be £2.5 to £3m but if the deal is - as reported - back loaded (low up front fee with most of the money in add-ons so bugger all if/when they get relegated) it is no deal IMO and we should make him available and openly tout him round to the highest bidder.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
What his value is and what we should receive for him from Sunderland in this window are 2 very different things. His value is probably around £3million, but because we dont need or want to sell him then Sunderland will have to add another £1-2million on that figure.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Your Avata is more interesting than you:yawn:

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I think 2 things to take in consideration. The first being just how hard it is to find a player who can play that roll...(i.e England), and also I'm trying to think of a brighton player in recent memory who is as consistent as him. Bar for the last month how many times have you come away thinking he had a bad game..... That's why I value him a little higher than the normal championship midfielder.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He's great at what he does.......yeah yeah erm but what he does isn't great. Oh. Oooookay then

What I mean is "holding midfielders" who "break up play" aren't effective at winning games at our level. Liam holds the midfield very well, but in my opinion it stagnates how we could play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here