Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle and Sunderland take on the police

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well played both teams.

For far too long the police have abused their relationship with teams, but more importantly fans (the bubble last season between Huddersfield and Hull, and stealing tickets from Manchester United fans when United are in Europe come to mind).

The vast majority of coppers at matches are decent, but their superiors and the bad ones in the force do an awful lot of damage to the goodwill the likes of Darren Balkham give to the game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bedwetters will be out in force I expect but well played to both clubs. Time to stop treating football fans like animals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good work by both clubs. Perhaps Cardiff and Swansea will be next

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well done to both clubs. Good to see them standing up for their customers, I mean fans!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I asked for Darren Balkham's take on bubble matches involving the Albion.

Thankfully, he has a mature, inclusive approach to policing. The only one that was ever up for consideration ('all options were on the table for that match') was Palace in the Play-Offs. There had been 36 arrests at the previous Albion/Palace match, and they were admissions of error for the match in 2011. Instead of laying down the law unilaterally, and misrepresenting the situation the way that Northumbria Police had, there were discussions with various fans' groups and a consensus was reached.

There were six arrests at the Play-Off semi-final. Coincidence?

It's good to have him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Good for them. For far too long the police have forgotten that they are a PUBLIC service.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[yt]zPwMdZOlPo8[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here