Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Electronic Music Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Having looked at the C86 thread, I hoped perhaps that those of us on here with an interest in Electro might be able to start something similar.

Have a listen to the tracks/albums below and please feel free to comment/add your own offerings, whether synth-pop, krautrock, new wave, industrial, trance/house, chillstep, ambient, rocky, etc.

Washed Out - lovely ambient album - great for revising/studying, jogging etc.
[yt]VZwcmJIYKu4[/yt]

Vitalic - pretty straight up driving electro from a French DJ chap. Good car ad music.
[yt]fge2LZJWCjE[/yt]

Junior Boys - Nostalgic synthpop dripping with some quite ridiculously gorgeous synth sounds.
[yt]L7nAgVki33c[/yt]

Baths - Dirty, offkilter synthpop.
[yt]eRc4yi_iOSM[/yt]

Moderat - Modeselektor and Apparat join together to make something rather nice.
[yt]1J9l3O1jmrg[/yt]

Raphael Ibanez De Garayo - Glitchy, organic tune, only one I've ever found of his. Like a more friendly Aphex Twin.
[yt]pbNd9L3bjDY[/yt]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also I know this is quite a popular song at the moment, but this is an ultimate 4am after party tune -

[yt]oVcG9lpZV24[/yt]

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

This is fast becoming one of my favourite tracks ever, who/what does it sound like? IDK

This album bridged the gap between krautrock & electronica for me and helped me abandon my rockist roots.

Demdike graced the cover of Wire a couple of months ago. Great vid

But we all like a dance eh?

Who was the last DJ you made an effort to go out and see? Julio Bashmore at Digital for me a while back. Great night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[video=youtube;fivLqoP0WhU]
Who was the last DJ you made an effort to go out and see? Julio Bashmore at Digital for me a while back. Great night.

Good question. I think it was 2 Bears or Felix Da Housecat both just over a year ago. Whilst I have been out to clubs since then it's not actually been for a specific DJ. Erol Arkan and Daniel Avery double-header is coming up in March though.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
this from the early seventies, went well with micro-dot :wrong::rave:

Kontempory Krauts, love this

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Hope this works, first time i've tried to post a video. Anyway in case i have screwed up, it's by Neu & track is called Super. Krautrock rules!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]ImDJXtFN0[/yt] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqImDJXtFN0

Bugger can't do - excuse me for being thick!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here