Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Obika

Members

John Obika

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if we are still looking at him as a potential loan striker.

He scored six goals today for Spurs in a friendly with Charlton so would appear to be fit again.

Don't know much about him.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      6 goals is impressive. A few months ago most on here were against him signing. I dont really know enough about him to have an opinion.

0 Not allowed!
      Would be a good loan option for 2/3 months IMO. I'm assuming Lita has gone back? His loan was only till January right? That leaves us with only Barnes and Ulloa as strikers and CMS supposedly back end of this month, but none of us know when he'll be match fit..

A few month loan won't do us any harm, back up on the bench will be needed aswell as competition for places. This may also allow Oscar to play Ulloa and Barnes together which I suspect he'd be reluctant to do without backup on the bench. Experience for him too, I expect he'd get minutes off the bench a few games, and probably start the 4th Round FA Cup game.

Think its definitely worth a look for a while assuming it won't cost too much, plus we get a look if he's any good towards possibly signing him in the summer. All depends on what Spurs want I'd guess.
      Palace fan -
      Why did my Dad introduce me to Palace. Life is even more depressing
      ITS THE STUFF OF CHAMPIONS, ITS THE STUFF OF DREAMS

0 Not allowed!
      To score 6 in a single game would surely suggest he's fit? Surely you couldn't trouble a back 4 that much if you weren't? Also another point, he's quite pacey isn't he? Something we don't have an option for upfront currently..
      Palace fan -
      Why did my Dad introduce me to Palace. Life is even more depressing
      ITS THE STUFF OF CHAMPIONS, ITS THE STUFF OF DREAMS
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I guess how impressive the six goals were depends on who else was in the Spurs team. They have quite a few decent midfielders etc who might be a bit too good for a Charlton 11...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jabsco View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guess how impressive the six goals were depends on who else was in the Spurs team. They have quite a few decent midfielders etc who might be a bit too good for a Charlton 11...
      Certainly not a weak Spurs team - Lewis Holtby, Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli and Capoue all featured.

Spurs XI: Miles, Fredericks (Stewart 57), Smith, Capoue, Veljkovic, Fryers, Lamela (McEvoy 57), Holtby, Obika, Kane (Coulibaly 57), Chadli.

Should also be pointed out the score was Spurs 10-6 Charlton.

0 Not allowed!
      I asked a spurs friend a few months back about Obika when he was on the radar then. he knows his stuff spurs wise and said Obika could "do a job" championship wise but wasn't really prem class. From what he said it sounded that he could have been very useful for us when Ulloa was injured as he is apparently excellent at holding the ball up and setting up plays. He did add however that by now someone should have come in for Obika and that many clubs have looked at him and been unconvinced so there's clearly something in his play that people are unsure about.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by HawkTheSeagull View Post
      Certainly not a weak Spurs team - Lewis Holtby, Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli and Capoue all featured.

Spurs XI: Miles, Fredericks (Stewart 57), Smith, Capoue, Veljkovic, Fryers, Lamela (McEvoy 57), Holtby, Obika, Kane (Coulibaly 57), Chadli.

Should also be pointed out the score was Spurs 10-6 Charlton.
      What no Grant Hall?....oh yeah he is on a season's loan to Swindon.......

0 Not allowed!
      10-6 ? - Did they play it on a playground ?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
      10-6 ? - Did they play it on a playground ?
      Jumpers for goalposts.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....