Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Hymalayas ?

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
Hi everyone, thinking of going later this year and just wonder if anyone from NSC had been and any advice really. You know the usual, good pubs, restaurants and museums and the like.
If there are any Hymalayan Seagulls over their I'd be more than glad for a meet up and have a pint.

Cheers in advance ...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I only know one women who went there, crazy old hippy lady and something of a busy body. She pronounced it Him-arrr-lee-arrrs which really got on my balls.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
beer_148910.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hi everyone, thinking of going later this year and just wonder if anyone from NSC had been and any advice really. You know the usual, good pubs, restaurants and museums and the like.
If there are any Hymalayan Seagulls over their I'd be more than glad for a meet up and have a pint.

Cheers in advance ...

I think there is a half-decent Wetherspoons at Base Camp 1

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I have been to Nepal twice including Everest basecamp 2 years ago. Any particular questions let me know.

Its awesome by the way.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Did you walk in? Or fly?

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
It was cloudy on the way up so the flights were all cancelled. So we chartered a helicopter that took us to somewhere before Lukla. (chopper ride was terrifying in a fun way) Then we walked up to Lukla and started from there.

We flew out of Lukla, and yep its as fun as it looks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here