Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walcott out of World Cup shock

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Paulotheb

Oct 28, 2013
I actually think that's a shame. Seems to be a far better player than he was 12-18 months ago. England could do with him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Where's it say that? The Mirror's John Cross - who has great Arsenal sources - said he'd be out for up to 4 weeks. What's happened - has some Spurs fans snapped off his two fingers and shoved them up his arse and back out his mouth?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where's it say that? The Mirror's John Cross - who has great Arsenal sources - said he'd be out for up to 4 weeks. What's happened - has some Spurs fans snapped off his two fingers and shoved them up his arse and back out his mouth?

Twitter
The FA ‏@FA 24m
BREAKING: Arsenal confirm Theo Walcott will be out for at least six months with a knee injury...more to follow

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 37m
The Club regrettably announces Theo Walcott has been ruled out for at least six months with a knee injury

From Talksport
Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose 24m
Theo Walcott has suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his left knee

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Walcott make two fingered gesture to fans = FA probe about that.

Spurs fans chant "Let Him Die" = FA probe about that.

Remind me, why would anyone actually GO to a football match? If they're supposed to sit there and say nothing they can do that at home in front of the telly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Shame for him as he would have gone to Brazil. Good news for Andros Townsend though.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
That's really bad news, first of all for him, but then also for Arsenal and for England. He seems to have this tendency to get injured just when he's hit a good run of form. He'd been playing well for Arsenal in the last few weeks. For a winger, he seems to pick up quite a range of injuries. With wingers blessed with pace typically you'd expect them to be susceptible to muscular injuries, but this is not the first time he has ligament trouble. He must be absolutely sick to miss out on the opportunity to go to the World Cup, which he surely would have done had he stayed fit. In the short term, that means Arsenal might have to change their focus in terms of what type of forward they try and buy in January, as I guess it's a while before Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will be fully fit.

While Andros Townsend is flavour of the month at the moment, I'm not certain that will be the case by the time of the World Cup. He is not even assured of a regular starting berth at Tottenham, albeit he is currently on the sidelines. Probably makes it more likely James Milner will be asked to fulfil duties on the right hand side and I'm not sure playing a wide player who can't beat opponents with pace and dribbling is the way to go. Guess the likes of Aaron Lennon and Raheem Sterling have an opportunity opening up for them though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Walcott make two fingered gesture to fans = FA probe about that.

Spurs fans chant "Let Him Die" = FA probe about that.

Remind me, why would anyone actually GO to a football match? If they're supposed to sit there and say nothing they can do that at home in front of the telly.

Maybe there is a difference between banter and abuse? Just a thought.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I actually think that's a shame. Seems to be a far better player than he was 12-18 months ago. England could do with him.

Agree, that he is much improved. Pace, but now with better decision making and team awareness.
Comes across as a decent person also.

Unlike coin throwing Spuds sore-losers, who gave abuse/banter, but couldn't handle a harmless riposte.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe there is a difference between banter and abuse? Just a thought.

Au contraire, I thought the Spurs fans were surprisingly generous. They could see he was badly injured and might miss out on some appearance bonuses over the coming weeks, so showered him with coins to help with the shortfall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here