Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Integrated Community Equipment Service outsourcing. We need your help now!!

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
This is the last time I'll post this. Thank you to the 145 of you that have read my posts before and signed this petition. It is so appreciated. From what we're hearing now, the privatisation of this service is almost definitely going ahead, but I am hoping that if we get some more signatures, and more people are aware of what is happening, then the people making decisions that will probably affect you or someone you know and love at some point in the future, will at least have to reconsider.

If you're not interested in this post, that is also fine, but please don't write unhelpful or negative comments about it. We are all just trying to make things better for the people of Brighton and Hove, and whilst I am sure that sometimes privatisation is the right thing to do, I passionately believe that in this case, it would be detrimental to the people who need this service. Please take a moment to look into what we do and sign the linked petition if you feel it is always worth trying to make a difference in our communities.

Thank you so much.

http://www.petitions24.com/ices_outsourcing

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
I have worked for the Integrated Community Equipment Service for a number of years. We are a prescriber lead service, with very little control on any overspend on the equipment budget. If a need is identified we have to supply it. These needs by clients are becoming more complex which impacts again on the cost to the service. This service should be having its budget increased with the monies being diverted from the acute hospitals where savings are being made due to timely discharges that this service provides, unlike the private sector. The feedback from clients and clincal staff are overwhelmingly in favour for this service to be kept in-house. Please re-think your decision and invest in this service.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here