Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds - Buckley

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Now that we have managed to figure out who is. Deluded Leeds fans reckon they have a chance of signing our sick note friend

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't understand this talk of a £1 million fee for Buckley. We paid that much for him and Watford have a sell on clause, we're hardly going to LOSE money on him, are we?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Originally Posted by Clive Walker
Will Buckley. Plays no 33. Always injured. Looks like a village idiot.

And who are Leeds?

Leeds utd, always deluded, all look like village idiots.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
What is this rush to sell a player who is admittedly out of form for far less than his market value?

Buckley fit and playing well is worth £3/4m minimum. Yes he is injury prone, but he is one of our few players capable of playing above Championship level...

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Originally Posted by Clive Walker
Will Buckley. Plays no 33. Always injured. Looks like a

Leeds utd, always deluded, all look like village idiots.

Couldn't agree more. Can't help but dislike them

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
What is this rush to sell a player who is admittedly out of form for far less than his market value?

Buckley fit and playing well is worth £3/4m minimum. Yes he is injury prone, but he is one of our few players capable of playing above Championship level...

Agree. Leeds don't understand that he is injured and worth more than what we paid for him

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agree. Leeds don't understand that he is injured and worth more than what we paid for him

There's very little the Leeds idiots understand. It's taken them ten years to realise that clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd have completely forgotten them.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
There's very little the Leeds idiots understand. It's taken them ten years to realise that clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd have completely forgotten them.

True. Although to be fair most liv and Man U fans don't understand the historical rivalry as they live in Essex, Worthing and Crawley

Jimmy Grimble

I don't understand this talk of a £1 million fee for Buckley. We paid that much for him and Watford have a sell on clause, we're hardly going to LOSE money on him, are we?

AND he's on a contract 'till 2017 (I think), so we're hardly in a Bridcutt situation.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
"join Leeds promotion push"

It's LUFC. Pushing alone isn't going to be enough. They'll need a good-sized bolus of pitocin, and perhaps forceps, as well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a blog. I have one. I could write on there that we're interested in Lionel Messi based on the facts that a) who wouldn't be and b) I'm sure someone once posted that on here as a joke. I'm just not that desperate for readers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That's not how sell-ons work.

If they have a '20% sell-on', that generally means that they get 20% of any figure OVER the original transfer value. For example (if the hypothetical 20% was correct in this case) if we bought Buckley for £1m, and sold him for £2m, Watford would get an additional £200k (not £400k). We wouldn't LOSE money if we sold him for the same amount ( ignoring agent's fees, signing-on fees, wages, medical costs, etc, etc, etc :down:)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Not that I think this is going to happen but sell on clauses are normally profit related aren't they? So Watford would take a % of the profit we make on him, rather than a % of the overall fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here