Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

Hating this transfer window so far

0 Not allowed!
    Seems to be heavily loaded with who we are going to lose rather than who we are going to get in.

Come on Ashley, sign your contract

Transfer windows are normally quite exciting, maybe it's just me but this one is quite depressing at the moment...but it is very early days
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Devil's Advocate (p/t)

0 Not allowed!
      Since a couple of seasons ago when we announced new players as we sold one, there seems to be an expectations thatis something we will always try to do.

I would love to see the reaction to "we've sold bridcutt for £3m, but Ashley Barnes has signed a one year extension"
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Since a couple of seasons ago when we announced new players as we sold one, there seems to be an expectations thatis something we will always try to do.

I would love to see the reaction to "we've sold bridcutt for £3m, but Ashley Barnes has signed a one year extension"
      Yep, I would be well happy with that, I have resigned myself that Liam is going but I would be gutted (as I was when we didn't keep Murray) if we sell Barnes
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Seems to be heavily loaded with who we are going to lose rather than who we are going to get in.

Transfer windows are normally quite exciting, maybe it's just me but this one is quite depressing at the moment...but it is very early days
      Hopefully we will be able to do what we have for a couple of seasons now and that is to turn down offers for our best players (like Bennett) and keep them (if only until the summer)

0 Not allowed!
      Imagine if tomorrow we hear news that Birghton agree a three year contract extension with PIG, Barnes and Ince.

That'd be bloody amazing.

No doubt swiftly followed by the news Bridcutt and Ulloa have been sold to Palace for £2m.

0 Not allowed!
      As long as we don't sell Ulloa, and we extend Ince's contract ( which may not happen until after the window shuts ) then I'm happy.

Any fee from other players must be used to shore up the FFP position and maybe used to bring in 1 or 2 replacements.

0 Not allowed!

Get used to it, I reckon. As our players become more and more attractive to sides above us in the league pyramid, this speculation will only increase. It's better than no one being interested in them because they are rubbish.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spring hall convert View Post
      Get used to it, I reckon. As our players become more and more attractive to sides above us in the league pyramid, this speculation will only increase. It's better than no one being interested in them because they are rubbish.
      Fair point but are Forest, Leicester, Leeds, Reading QPR etc having the same problems? I have no idea, as I don't follow them closely but most teams aiming for promotion tend to hang on to their best players at this stage of the season. I just worry that we still seem to be seen as a feeder club to just about everyone above us in the league.

0 Not allowed!
      Fair point but are Forest, Leicester, Leeds, Reading QPR etc having the same problems? I have no idea, as I don't follow them closely but most teams aiming for promotion tend to hang on to their best players at this stage of the season. I just worry that we still seem to be seen as a feeder club to just about everyone above us in the league.
      Fair point. The reality of the situation is that we are seen as a smaller club than those mentioned and I suspect we pay less in wages than them. Therefore, from a press perspective it's easy to run with the story. That perception will change given time.

0 Not allowed!
      Que sera sera...