Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Communication

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I don't think its our strong point and would like to hear a bit more about our intentions from the chairman a bit more often also prefer hearing from Oscar rather than Jones.

I think its really poor at the moment about the contracts and transfers, all we hear is clubs wanting to buy our players but nothing about us buying. If we are not fine but I would still like to know our intentions re selling and if we have, are going to try, currently negotiating etc contract for people like Ince & Barnes etc.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I think communication is one of the club's strong points. Much better than the last couple of seasons and much, much better than during the Withdean years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think its really poor at the moment about the contracts and transfers, all we hear is clubs wanting to buy our players but nothing about us buying. If we are not fine but I would still like to know our intentions re selling and if we have, are going to try, currently negotiating etc contract for people like Ince & Barnes etc.

I've not seen Sunderland advertising the fact they are after our players? Its all journo talk.

Also, publicly discussing about contract negotiations could affect our negotiation position on other players, or even send out the wrong signal to players whose contracts we may not be discussing yet.

I don't think we are any different to any other club.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The club have been almost leak-free since July and have clearly placed a large emphasis on keeping schtum. I, for one, believe that is the correct decision.
What exactly would you like to be communicated openly? That we're in the market for such & such a player?
Negotiations should be and are conducted in private.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I don't think its our strong point and would like to hear a bit more about our intentions from the chairman a bit more often also prefer hearing from Oscar rather than Jones.

Do you really think the club would/should broadcast information about transfer targets?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I would like to know what the position is re Barnes contract whats happening with Ince etc and has Bloom told Gus to **** off yet.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Paul Barber seems very open to communication with the fans. More than once people of NSC have emailed him and he's responded with well written and detailed repsonses.

He's keeping us up to date with the most important issues and that's the stuff which involves our future as a stable well ran club.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I'm sure that even stating our intentions of signing players, which would soon be relayed all over the media, would push their prices up significantly.

I think perhaps in regards to transfer targets, silence is golden from the club.

Agreed about targets but Id still like to know our intentions about players contracts and if we are going to reject offers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Agreed about targets but Id still like to know our intentions about players contracts and if we are going to reject offers.

Contract negotiations on extensions could well be going on right now. When there's something to announce, the club will announce it.

And how can the club state they will be "rejecting offers" for our players in advance of offers being received ?? Every player has their price, and if TB deems a fair offer comes in for ANY of our players that meets our valuation, and he wants the move, then that player will be off. Thats just the reality. If and when we reject a clubs bid for one or more of our players, we'll hear about it then. Pretty pointless the club saying "so-and-so will not be sold", when we all know that if the money is right then they most certainly will be.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would like to know what the position is re Barnes contract whats happening with Ince etc and has Bloom told Gus to **** off yet.

I'd like to know Cheryl Cole's mobile phone number, but, just like the workings of a private company such as the Albion, I have no right to receive it so therefore don't anticipate hearing anything.

I thought the schools went back today though?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I'd like to know Cheryl Cole's mobile phone number, but, just like the workings of a private company such as the Albion, I have no right to receive it so therefore don't anticipate hearing anything.

I thought the schools went back today though?

They do, I dropped mine off this morning you sarcastic prick

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'm assuming you wouldn't mind your employer making public any negotiations around your contract ?

In the last 12 months the club have been both dire with their communications ( the GP farce ) and excellent ( TB and PB going to fans events ). Probably better than most clubs but still room for improvement.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm glad the club keep all the transfer dealings quiet until they are done and dusted these days. I was pretty pissed off when Gus went mouthing off about 'deals done' then nothing materialized.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Barmy

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Jesus some of you lot are so precious and as I pay £500 odd plus a year in a small way it is some of my business.

I spend a huge amount more than £500 at Sainsburys each year but I don't expect inside information on executive appointments.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Sums this board up full of tossers that jump down peoples throat if they dare question the club or have a different view/opinion.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think the club communication is excellent these days - Tony seems to be giving interviews every 2 or months, and Paul Barber is always keeping us informed.

It is the case though that we simply cannot have an ongoing commentary on transfers in or out. That's just the way it is.

Bids will be made for our players, we know the club's position that every player has a price - some ( hopefully Ulloa ) will be a 'sillier' price than others. I also hope that there is a substantial 'palace tax' if that mob up the road come poaching with their derisory offers.

Targets of course are secret. If we'd been talking about the Ulloa transfer when it dragged on, who knows where he would have ended up? Maybe if the Van Dijk attempted buy had been less talked about, we would have landed him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here