Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Transfer Speculation - The Definitive Opinion Poll

Is Liam Bridcutt moving on?

• Total voters

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So, with speculation rife for a good while now and gathering momentum as each day passes - time for a poll.

Personally, based purely on observations and gut feeling, with no inside info whatsoever, I think he'll be gone in this window to Sunderland. I think the fee will be undisclosed and that he'll prove pivotal in keeping Sunderland up.

What say you?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yep. To Sunderland. They'll still go down. A holding midfielder does not save your season. Can't see them signing the 4 or 5 first teamers they need.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
H e will go to Sunderland they will stay up and like when Bennett left we will get over it but perhaps not between now and May. £3m would be a good return for him taking into account the money DM go for in general and what we paid for him, which was nothing other than a signing on fee, if even that.

Good luck Liam and thanks for what you have given us.

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Sunderland is a dump to live in also I'm 99% certain they will go down I really think we have a great chance for the play offs .. Only problem I see is wages he could double it ... He shouldn't go just to be reunited with Gus I think Gus will chuck toys out the pram and walk leaving poor Liam in a shit hole in the championship .

D

Deleted member 22389

It's possible Sunderland could go down, but whatever happens Liam will get a long contract out of it. He could possibly double his wages, get a cut from the transfer fee and be financially set up for life. If Sunderland go down he still has the money, if Sunderland stay up that's a massive bonus.

If he didn't go he would always have that nagging feeling of what if. I would love Liam to stay, but players move on.
One player doesn't make a team, and after seeing Rohan Ince and they we handled the situation without Liam for the time he was injured I'm quite happy about it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
H e will go to Sunderland they will stay up and like when Bennett left we will get over it but perhaps not between now and May. £3m would be a good return for him taking into account the money DM go for in general and what we paid for him, which was nothing other than a signing on fee, if even that.

Good luck Liam and thanks for what you have given us.

Why are you so certain he will go to Sunderland?
1) Other clubs are interested....Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham and WBA.
2) His wife loves living in Brighton and both their families and friends are all based in the south ( Reading and South East ) Mrs Bridcutt is gonna love a move to Sunderland...I think not....even the Midlands would be an option but Sunderland...its as far as you can go, bar Scotland.
3) I'd be interested to hear you name three teams that are going to finish below Sunderland. If they can lose at home to Villa then there ain't much hope + Fletcher is on his way.
4 ) Bennett has sunk without trace at Norwich and I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Bridders. Talking to Norwich fans, it was his size that has hampered his development. i.e Struggling to cope with the physicality of the PL. Bridders is as tough as old boots but his size may be a problem. Chelsea told him that they didn't consider he was big enough for the PL and that he should concentrate on carving out a solid career below this level.
5) He may not be guaranteed regular football, wherever he goes.
6) If Sunderland go down ( very likely....bottom at Xmas etc )..his money will drop to a level similar to Brighton. Anything gained?
7) BHA could be in the PL next season ( with Bridders guaranteed a start every game )
8) How long will Gus last at Sunderland? With this chairman, he may not make Christmas 2014.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Pretty sure he is off and as long as the price is right it will be a good move for all concerned. We hopefully get some useful cash, sunderland get a good player and Liam gets a shot at the Premier League aswell as a decent pay packet. It makes sense all round as long as Sunderland don't piss about over the fee, I think anything north of £3m would be reasonable.

Given the way we play now, and the personnel at our disposal Bridcutt is no longer the lynchpin that he once was for us and so the timing is right for all parties imo.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why are you so certain he will go to Sunderland?
1) Other clubs are interested....Norwich, Cardiff, Fulham and WBA.
2) His wife loves living in Brighton and both their families and friends are all based in the south ( Reading and South East ) Mrs Bridcutt is gonna love a move to Sunderland...I think not....even the Midlands would be an option but Sunderland...its as far as you can go, bar Scotland.
3) I'd be interested to hear you name three teams that are going to finish below Sunderland. If they can lose at home to Villa then there ain't much hope + Fletcher is on his way.
4 ) Bennett has sunk without trace at Norwich and I hope the same thing doesn't happen to Bridders. Talking to Norwich fans, it was his size that has hampered his development. i.e Struggling to cope with the physicality of the PL. Bridders is as tough as old boots but his size may be a problem. Chelsea told him that they didn't consider he was big enough for the PL and that he should concentrate on carving out a solid career below this level.
5) He may not be guaranteed regular football, wherever he goes.
6) If Sunderland go down ( very likely....bottom at Xmas etc )..his money will drop to a level similar to Brighton. Anything gained?
7) BHA could be in the PL next season ( with Bridders guaranteed a start every game )
8) How long will Gus last at Sunderland? With this chairman, he may not make Christmas 2014.

1) Have they made bids?
2) He's not married, and the countryside in Northumbria is beautiful, not too far to drive into work each day.
3) Still all to play for, possibly West Ham, Fulham, & Palace.
4) Bennett has had a long term injury and is only just got back to training.
5) He's not guaranteed first team football with us either.
6) Contracts are for the length of the term, there are no relegation clauses cutting wages, confirmed by Paul Barber which is why there are parachute payments.
7) There is still a chance but why would we guarantee him first team football?
8) Who knows? He's doing a lot better than Di Canio, that's for sure.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I really hope he doesnt go this month.......as then 66% of people (so far) will have badly got it wrong and it kind of shows how easily led by a crap rumour and a Sky Sports article with no concrete evidence people are.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It may well be, as is Newcastle Hull etc but most footballers dont live in the town centre but in an outlying village.

Indeed, it's one of the more mildly annoying habits on this board, people lazily suggesting that player x won't move to some (usually northern) sh*t hole. Most towns and cities in England have, just like Brighton, sh*t bits and decent bits - And most of the northern cities have the advantage of being within spitting distance of spectacular countryside.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Sunderland is a dump to live in also I'm 99% certain they will go down I really think we have a great chance for the play offs .. Only problem I see is wages he could double it ... He shouldn't go just to be reunited with Gus I think Gus will chuck toys out the pram and walk leaving poor Liam in a shit hole in the championship .

I voted he will stay here for the moment - I don't think he will go anywhere.

But there are beautiful parts of the world within fairly easy striking distance of Sunderland. It would not be at all difficult to find somewhere nice to live. Plenty of wonderful countryside, coastline, and places like Durham, for example..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's going to go sooner or later so lets agree a decent fee, ship him off this week and give that money to Oscar with 3 weeks to go to get Conway + 1 or 2.

We are in a much better position to replace him, without spending money, than we were 12 months ago and with his long injury layoff this season it has been proved we are not too badly off without him.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Indeed, it's one of the more mildly annoying habits on this board, people lazily suggesting that player x won't move to some (usually northern) sh*t hole. Most towns and cities in England have, just like Brighton, sh*t bits and decent bits - And most of the northern cities have the advantage of being within spitting distance of spectacular countryside.....

I'm not suggesting that Wearside is a sh*t hole. What I am suggesting is that I am not convinced that Bridders partner ( and they have been together some time ) will be won over by the extra money factor when they are so far away from friends and family. Brighton to Reading...not too bad. Sunderland to Reading !!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here