Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt Close to Signing for Sunderland? (Sky Sports News)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They are normally pretty accurate.

:down:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
bollocks (not in relation to your post, just expressing frustration!)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Very good player, but I'd rather have a few mill to spend. Good news.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I just think it is a bit short sighted!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck to him, he was a magnificent player for us but judging by his last performance his heart is now elsewhere.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Always felt £3million or thereabouts would be enough for us to sell.

If, as looks increasingly likely, he goes, I hope he has a good career. Been consistently one of our top performers.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is that the same Sky Sports who told us Poyet was about to join Reading in March?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Is there a mention of size of fee?

Anything less then 4 million would IMO be disappointing.

Player of the year for last two seasons, still young, contract not yet up, and Gus thinks he should be playing for Real Madrid.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Shame. Last January I felt sure he was going to go. He was giving it everything and MOM every week and whilst I was desperate for him to stay his attitude and performances deserved the move.

Right now he seems to be playing within himself, like he doesn't want to be here and for what, a move to a side that we might even pass on the way up. My opinion is somewhat tainted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not saying he's not going to sign but he's certainly not close at the moment - Sky Sports are wrong.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Hmm, I'd question the credibility of this latest "development" given their quote fails to recognise the fact that he's cup-tied (in the COC).

"Liam Bridcutt has seen his reputation rocket over recent years and Sky Sports understands that Sunderland are closing on his signature. The Black Cats hope to have reached an agreement with Brighton for the highly-rated midfielder by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday."

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Hmm, I'd question the credibility of this latest "development" given their quote fails to recognise the fact that he's cup-tied (in the COC).

"Liam Bridcutt has seen his reputation rocket over recent years and Sky Sports understands that Sunderland are closing on his signature. The Black Cats hope to have reached an agreement with Brighton for the highly-rated midfielder by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday."

They never say they want him to play, they just by the time the team plays United.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I just can't see it happening this early in the window, if at all. Wouldn't be much of a negotiating game on either club's part if they agreed a deal already.

Nah. I'm not having it.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Please read the quote correctly "by the time they face Manchester United in the Capital One Cup semi-finals on Tuesday" that does not say he is going to play just that they want to get the deal done by then, which means they can do the paperwork and he can be ready for the weekend.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Just need to get Ince signed up on a 3 year contract, so much more potential than Bridcutt, sad to see him go, but doesn't look like he fits in the OG system at all. Get Conway back with the funds generated.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Losing your best player is never "good news" - let's just hope we negotiated a decent price and it will be reinvested straight back into the squad.

The problem for Brighton may well be how they are paid for him, most transfers now include a long repayment period. It may well be that the fee is lower than many want on here if it is 100% cash upfront meaning Brighton can use the money straight away and not have to wait for 12/24 months?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here